close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting new Pup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stretch, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Well it has been about 9 mos. since I had to put my boy down due to cancer. I had him for just over 13 years, best buddy I ever had and still really miss him. He was a black lab mix (got him from the humane society).
    Have been thinking about getting a pup but just was not ready until this week. So I went to humane society the other day at lunch and found a chocolate lab mix. I hung out with him for about 20 mins to try to get a feel for his demeanor, he seemed pretty cool and I think he will get along with our other dog (she is about 9 now). So I put him on hold so my wife could check him out, she went and saw him last night and when she came home she gave me his paper work and told me "I got your dog for you" :) She filled out all the paper work and paid for him.
    Now I just have to wait for them to neuter him and go pick him up. They said probably next week, but since we paid for him and filled all paper work out they said if they get a chance to slip him in somewhere they will. Cant wait to get him home and see how he likes his new place. :D

2. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

My father in law has a choc lab and she is great. Really energetic. You'll love him

Jesse

3. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Gratz on the new pup! I have a black lab mix that I got from the Fremont Humane Society. Always happy to hear of someone adopting a shelter dog.

4. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

I just found out that I get to pick him up today, they did the surgery yesterday. Going to be a long day here at work :eek:

5. CoolWater

Gratz! Post some pics when ya get him home - who doesn't like to see a puppy?!

6. Congratulations on the new member of the family, I sure love my little guy, he is just a mut but he is literally one of the family, sleeps with us everynight, gets birthday and christmas presents(sounds a bit extreme I know) but he is the best bud I have.

7. DANDE

DANDE DANDE

We Adopted A Three Legged Black Lab. What A Dog. A Great
    Companion. Have Fun With Your New Dog.
    Dande

8. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i have a 9 year old black/chocolate lab. got him when he was just a puppy. he is a great dog. hope you have fun with your new dog!

9. < <<< i gotta black lab / great dane mix :eek: a few months ago..we didnt know she was part great dane at the time but shes becomin a fishin buddy i've taken her a few times and shes been great.

congrads on the new pup and fishin buddy!

10. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Here is my new pup and he is getting big quick. Loves the water.
    [​IMG]

11. CoolWater

Thats a real nice looking dog

12. Tubuzz2, Nice looking dog. Congrats Stretch. I've got 3. A collie that is 12. He propably won't be with us much longer. Either has arthritis in his hind legs or hip displatia. A black lab that adopted us, may be mixed. Gets seperation angziety when I go away. And a Jack-A-Poo. (Jack Russel/Puddle cross) Got him from a neigher that couldn't handle him. She got it as a present from one of her daughters. Dog was to hyper for an older lady. Was rough at first as he wasn't house broken. He sleeps at our head and the lab sleeps at my feet. All 3 are spoiled rotten.