Getting closer...

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by swantucky, Sep 17, 2007.

1. We had a near record low the other night, 35 degrees. Tied the old record from 1966. A few more degrees and it will be makin' ice.:D

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

lol....yes it will. i wonder what kind of season it will be.

3. you get any ice let me know...got a new aqua view i would like to try out. better go dust off the ice rods

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Got a new 6" replacement for my Strikemaster electric auger. That 8" was burning up the battery to fast. Also got a Fl-18 i want to try. Hurry up ice!!

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

please dont take this the wrong way , hurry up ice??? are you guys nuts? LOL!!:p

6. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

EZ, some of us look forward to icefishing like you do for trolling erie for eyes. Just as enjoyable to us as crankin in eyes to you. Don't knock it til you try it. We need ice by Nov 15 this year.:D

7. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I love ice fishing just as much as anyone, o.k. maybe not as much as Randy (Swantucky) he is a certifiable ice nut !:p However, give us sometime to nail these Erie EyeHawgs:B this fall and put the boats into hibernation !;)

Randy,
    I told you I would get you and your son (Hunter i believe his name is) out for some eyes or perch this season. After the Hawgfest is over I have every weekend open until the end of October so let me know what weekend is good for ya. Hopefully the weather gods will cooperate on the weekends this fall.

Matt

8. Nov 15 is too soon... PRIME perch, walleye, and steelhead time...

Now, Dec 15 is right in line with a GREAT season! :D

9. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!! I don't put my boat away till after the first ice forms. I catch some of my best fish around turkeyday. Have the lake to myself most days too. I also plan on doing quite a bit of perchin this fall too.

10. I'd settle for Dec 15. Deer season should be over for me about that time. Think I'll try and get shakedown back on the ice. I think a couple more trips and he'll be hooked.

11. O.K. I'll settle for the middle of December. We are due for more than 3-4 weeks on Erie this year.

12. SO, Big Daddy, I take it that you"ll start doing THE DANCE on Dec 14?

13. i too can't wait to get out ice fishing i like hard water fishing more than open water fishing if anyone wants to go some time let me know i'll enjoy the company weather its the big pond or a resiavor it does'nt matter to me. come on ice i don't know lf i can wait till december. just kidden.

14. I'll be happy if we get Ice by the end of december. It's nice to feel the chill back in the morning air

15. psychobubba

psychobubba fish,hunt,nut

new velar fl 20 new ice armor extreme new new blades for auger all i need is new ice shanty and i will be set all but ICE[​IMG]

16. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

Well it will be here sooner than we think ! But Like Tom says 3 or 4 more good weeks left on the open water. Can't wait to get out and do so more walleye fishing out West !! Things are starting to really turn on again !! Buddies had a 4 man limit Monday in less than 1 1/2 hours !! I'll be there Friday and Saturday !

17. Big Daddy, might want to dust off them dancing shoes just to make sure that theyre ready. Getting closer.