close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting closer Browns vs Bengals

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by flathunter, Aug 27, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Two more weeks the fun starts..I dont expect much out of my Browns this year, now next year look out..But I do expect them to give the Bengals a good game, just playing on emotions.

Browns -20

Bengals-17

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Tehehehe...! It ain't gonna happen. :D

3. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Flathunter, I think you have those two numbers backwards.

4. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

I think Flathunter has them right. Go Browns!

5. peon

peon account delete

i dont even think flipping them #'s around will even be close im thinking bengals 27 browns 3 :D them bengals are gonna walk all over the browns both times this year!!!!

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Droughns is gonna run right through the Bengals.... ;)

GO BROWNS!! :)

we finally got a hardcore power rusher who can bounce off or just run right over a tackler.

i cant wait for the season to start.

7. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Are the Bengals any good or are they CHOKERS like the STEELERS?

8. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Browns fans talking smack... :confused:

That's funny. :D

As for the game, Cincinnati needs to play better on defense. That is obvious. Offense should be ok if they give the ball to RUDI.... But remember this name because you'll be hearing alot of it.... Chris Perry.... ;)

I think it will be a close game, but I hope not.

Bengals - 24
    Stains - 17

:D

Go Bengals!

9. The battle for last place begins!

Bungles 21
    Browns 24

10. hardwaterfan

lol :D

well last i heard the Browns are picked to go 2-14 by the Sporting News and ranked 31st out of 32 teams by ESPN..... i just dont buy it at all.... i look for them to suprise a lot of people. theyve just got too many quality, level headed, hardworking guys playing ball this year....and on the staffs.

SUPER BOWL XL HERE WE COME! :D

11. peon

peon account delete

well last weekend i was at cincy and watched the bengals smack the colts around.. after seeing that i dont think the browns have a chance... sorry... :D

12. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

The bungles played the Colts 2nd team. The Colts didn't want any of their star players to get hurt.

13. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I thought the Colts played their second team so they wouldn't hurt the Bungles?????

14. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

I think the AFC"North" will be very competitive this year, nobody is outstanding in that division. Go Browns!

15. I guess they will have their 2 wins against the Bengals then.:D I don't buy a 2-14 record either. I am thinking 7 or 8 wins.;)

I don't put any stock in the outcome of any preseason games. I feel pretty sure that the Colts will not get smacked around like that by the Bungles...or the Browns for that matter during the regular season.

I have been pretty happy with the progess shown by the Browns in the preseason. They seem to be showing good depth at a lot of positions. The running game is shaping up a bit and with a veteran in Dilfer to get them started and bring along Fry I like the outlook.

I guess what I am saying is the Bengals better be ready on Sunday.:D

16. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Yeah the Colts started most of their 2nd teamers with a starter here and there. Well the Bengals only had their starters in for 2 series, scored their 14 points and in went the 2nd and 3rd teamers to score the other 24 points.

Yes you are correct pre-season doesn't mean anything, but the Bengals did what they were supposed to do. Bengals 38 Colts 0 .

As for preseason rankings; They don't mean squat to me. I remember last year the Steelers were comming off of a 6-10 season in '03 and all of the mumbo jumbo pre-season writers were predicting the steelers were going to win 5 or 6 games. They ended up winning 15 games.

17. peon

peon account delete

this bull makes me mad... EVERYONE says the colts played 2nd and 3rd string players... bengals played alot of their 2nd, 3rd and 4th string!!!!!!! people need to wake up and look at things before they say stuff like that...

18. Okay so what you are saying is that the Bengals beat the Colts in a 2nd, 2rd, 4th string scrimmage.;) I am not sure what that will get you come regular season but you can have it.:D

My comments on that game had nothing to do with who the teams were. It was merely an observation of what stock I place on the preseason games.

19. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Ease up there, Peon, don't let the Bengal bashers see you sweat...! :D That's why they play the games. We can sit here and express our opinions until we're out of breath and it doesn't mean diddly ski-wat. The Mighty Bengals first team did exactly what they were supposed to do. They scored at will on the colts second team. I would be very concerned if they hadn't. Then our second and third team was able to put points on the board too...which is a good sign. Now, as far as preseason games go...well, they're exibitions games...nothing more, nothing less. I'd really like to see them go away. They're no more than another way of the NFL to extort more money from the fans. Make them all count...a twenty game regular season sounds fine to me. ;)

20. hardwaterfan

i dont mind the preseaon games, just think, it makes the REAL games that much more intense! hey youve got to hope your team can win every week. and i like the fact, and its true, that any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday.

our division is going to be good this year.

im glad the spin doctor Davis is gone.