Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working a long way from home lately which means I have not had as many opportunities to wet a line. Toss in 5+ weeks of stained water and river levels which aren't conducive to the type of fishing I do in my favorite holes, I have not fed my addiction this year and in years past!
Today I got off of work and said, "to hell with it" I'm hitting "my" spot on the LMR!

Tall cumulus clouds dotted the horizon as I made my way along the country roads with Hillsboro nearly an hour behind me. Every window and sunroof is wide open and my 60 mile per hour air conditioning is not quite adequate. Good music pumping from the speakers and I'm bee bopping with a bit of swagger cause I'm going fishing dammit!

I pull off the road and grab my gear. Inside of a few minutes, my feet are wet.
I only have a couple if hours so I need to be in power fishing mode.
The first hole, I chunk my tube into the swift water and let it drift into the deeper water. After 10 casts if so, I'm swimming my tube back thru the swift water to cast again when it gets crushed!
It's always nice when there are canoer's about and you get a gallery cheering for you!
I get the feisty bass to one of the islands near me and snap a quick pic. Not a giant but a respectable 14"er.
Fish Carp Fishing bait Bait Bass

I move on to the next hole and begin chunking the green pumpkin tube to the opposite bank. Within a few casts, I get a viscous strike. I set the hook and fight the bass the majority of the width of the river. Again, I have an audience.
The bass hit hard but fought kind if weakly. I soon found out why, this bass was OBESE!
It's belly looked distended and not symmetric at all. Upon further inspection, I began feeling its stomach and could actually feel the body of a crayfish in there! I took a quick pic of its fat belly for y'all.
Fish Bass Fish Northern largemouth bass

Tree Hand Leg Grass Finger

I eventually switched rods and presentations. I stayed with a craw pattern but utilized a crank.
I caught a pair of 12" bass on consecutive casts!
I moved back up stream and landed another 12"er on the tube.
Fish Bass Fishing Grass Carp

With only a few hundred yards to walk to my rig, I soaked myself in a deep, cool, pool. It's been so dam hot, the swim was as nice as the outing itself!
It was nice to get back to familiar waters and fish a river again after spending nearly 6 weeks in creeks!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
The bass hit hard but fought kind if weakly. I soon found out why, this bass was OBESE!
It's belly looked distended and not symmetric at all. Upon further inspection, I began feeling its stomach and could actually feel the body of a crayfish in there! I took a quick pic of its fat belly for y'all.
View attachment 79442
View attachment 79443

Haha well they do say we have an obesity problem in the US :D

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.