Ohio Game Fishing banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Aside from the secret spot......what is the program? Curious. Floats? Straight jig? Tried any spinners or spoons?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Aside from the secret spot......what is the program? Curious. Floats? Straight jig? Tried any spinners or spoons?
Program remains the same so far for us so this year. All fish on 1/16oz jigs under a float, no maggots yesterday. Dark/natural colors were being favored it seemed until my Dad doubled up yesterday on a pink jig. Not really doing much other then keeping you float mended and upright. We fished from 2-4p, all fish were caught within 30 mins of each other. We have not had any success with spoons or spinners. We both made some casts with a spoon but no bites. I have never been successful casting spoons myself so I have no confidence in it even though I see people post pics of fish they caught on them 🤷‍♂️

Glad to hook a few yesterday, have had several trips out in crappy fishing conditions with no results. These fish came out of an unstocked tributary and were a welcome treat.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts