Gettin' There!!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by true2plue, Aug 13, 2008.

1. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

I bought an airbrush a few weeks ago, and have been patient at trying to learn this extremely difficult hobby. I wanted to start painting my own spinner blades, so I wanted to use paint that is durable, and won't chip easily. After experimenting with different kinds, and makers of paint, I picked up a few bottles of nail polish and lacquer thinner. I thin the polish 1:1, which gives an incredible transparent result!;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks good any particular brand of polish?

3. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Nope!! The cheap stuff from dollar general etc...!!:p I also use the clear polish for topcoats, and thin those more(2:1) than the colored polish!!;)

4. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Here's another one I just finished. Hoping to get out and give it a try soon!!
    [​IMG]
    I painted the backs with a white base coat, followed by a pearl glitter fiingernail polish.
    [​IMG]

5. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Damn Michelangelo, lookin good !:p Bring some of those Saturday morning and we will see how they hold up to walleye teeth !;)

6. :confused: nice looking blades there tony. i am looking to get an airbrush also. what kind did you buy. you will have to show me the ropes when i get it. oh io
    getting about that time bud. the coffee can you dropped off of sherrod a couple years back finally floated up to nickleplate this week, beach was closed for 2 days. bill murry said it was just a baby routh with a hint of hot wing sauce:) :C

7. I'd say your there, because I'am GETTIN' THERE. Looks good.

8. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Thanks Scott, I bought an Iwata double action airbrush from Pat Catans. It was hard getting used to it, but I'm still trying to be patient. I heard about the Baby Ruth floating ashore nickelplate beach...were you there?:p Memories...memories...well you know what they say, when you gotta go, go got to go!!! Sorry bout the slow reply, I'm back to school, going on Mondays and Wed. 6-11. OH-IO!! Latr!;)

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please