Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Sounds like you all read something that no one else can. If its that bad why just say what it is.

·
Registered
839 Posts
maybe its this?

Whenever Carbon Media Group collects personally identifiable about you, it reserves the right to use that information for marketing Carbon Media Group and its various activities. This is true in both the unpaid and paid sections of the Carbon Media Group sites, and other affiliated sites. Carbon Media Group shall use the personally identifiable data collected to undertake a variety of marketing activities including, but not limited to, email, direct mail, site personalization, telephone marketing and other digital and traditional methods of advertising and communication. Carbon Media Group does not sell or “monetize” data to third parties. However, Carbon Media Group does and will send marketing messages on behalf of its sponsors and partners. It will do so without giving any of your personally identifiable information to those sponsors and partners for their own use.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
And people wonder why they get so many telemarketing calls? They agreed to most of them at some point in time I'm guessing. Now, do they have an opt out option? Why would they want to give you a bunch of free stuff if they get no benefit from your information?

That said, I have a google telephone number and junk email account just for these types of things ;)

·
Carp53.65
4,107 Posts
When you sign up for things like this you end up getting calls from people like Buckmaster magazine. Before you sign up for any "free giveaway" i would reccomend doing a search on Buckmasters. Im definately out!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
maybe its this?

Whenever Carbon Media Group collects personally identifiable about you, it reserves the right to use that information for marketing Carbon Media Group and its various activities. This is true in both the unpaid and paid sections of the Carbon Media Group sites, and other affiliated sites. Carbon Media Group shall use the personally identifiable data collected to undertake a variety of marketing activities including, but not limited to, email, direct mail, site personalization, telephone marketing and other digital and traditional methods of advertising and communication. Carbon Media Group does not sell or “monetize” data to third parties. However, Carbon Media Group does and will send marketing messages on behalf of its sponsors and partners. It will do so without giving any of your personally identifiable information to those sponsors and partners for their own use.
Between that info and this, I chose not to enter.....always read the fine print:

We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. In connection with alliances, partnerships or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party. For example, some of our partners operate stores or provide services on our site, while others power offerings developed by us for your use. We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending emails and processing credit card payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.

Basically for a slim chance at a $1,000, you give them cart blanc to sell you info and make money on it, and all you get is junk mail, and annoying phone calls......no thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Well, read your privacy statement from your bank. Your info is out there one way or the other brother.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.