close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Georgian Bay Baits

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by rjbass, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Hello fellas,

Took a September trip to Georgian Bay and of course had to make some new baits to make the trip. Dark colors work well in those waters so I took my "Hey Cisco" style bait and did several dark colors. The Rainbow Foil I did on request for a customer, it came out pretty good...Thought you might like to see...These are 8" 2 1/2oz floater/divers, can be trolled, cranked, twitched or used as a dive and rise jerk bait and all techniques work well with this style bait.

Rod

DARK SHAD
    [​IMG]
    BLACK PERCH
    [​IMG]
    FARM FROG
    [​IMG]
    STARRY NIGHT
    [​IMG]
    LEOPARD
    [​IMG]
    RAINBOW FOIL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Beautiful work Rod! I really like the Rainbow Foil.

3. Just amazing work there Rod. The leopard and the rainbow would have to be my personal favorites, outstanding.

4. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

Very nice work! Which one did that musky like best!

5. sweet baits. i us to go up to manitoulin island in the georgian bay evry year.

6. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I like the detail on the fins. Great work.

Brian

7. Man those look great Rod!

John

8. Very good job. Isn't it fun making your own baits? It's even more fun catching fish on your own lures. Thats how I got started in the lure biz.

9. Super looking baits Rod, I've gotta go with the rest of the guys and say that the rainbow is my favorite also. I love how you blend your colors, I wish I had half your talent with an airbrush.

10. Rod those are excellent. I don't think I've seen anyone do a foiled rainbow yet, but that thing really pops. I like that Leopard a lot too.

11. firehawkmph

firehawkmph Retired Firefighter

Rod,
    These are absolutely beautiful. Almost too nice to use, almost. I would probably cry every time I lost one. :)
    Mike Hawkins