georges diner bell

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by las johnny, Aug 24, 2008.

1. does anyone know of any good spots around this area?? well more or less just wondering if anything runs down there this time of year??

2. Are you talkin about the place on the south side of Painesville along Rte 84?

3. yes it is on the corner of 84 and liberty st.
    Or if any thing is going on at paine creek??

4. Best bet in that area is probably along the Grand River. There is a little park....(maybe off 86....think it's named after a woman)....that would give you decent access.

The long wall on the west side of the Grand (access from Headlands Park) at the mouth is productive....perch, sm, cats, sheephead, occasional walleye, steelhead in fall/winter.

Out 90, exit at Vrooman rd and turn left to the Grand. Smallies, other toothy critters and steelhead soon.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

5. hellen hazen wyman is what ur talkin about i believe bob..should be pretty good for smallies!

6. there aren't to many in there right now but the spring is good. The dinner bell sits on kellog which is decent but the water has to stay high. Work your way out of helen hazen up to the mouth of big creek to the grand. I would give it about 6 weeks though

7. 6 weeks for what steelhead??

8. I'm gonna head to those parks this week and try them out. I did hear from a couple of people that they are already catching steels in the creeks (euclid) so maybe I'll hook into one or two