close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

George Forman / style grill questions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stampede, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Anyone have a george forman or a grill of that style.I've heard they can be hard to clean and don't really work like advertised.If you have one let me know how you like it or why you don't.We've been thinking about getting one.

2. peon

peon account delete

you must clean them after each use.. if you let it sit it will be hard to clean.. but i love mine... best thing i ever bought other then my fishing stuff!! lol

3. I've got a knockoff made by GE that I bought at WallyMart for about $30.00 a couple of years ago. I've done hamburgers, salmon fillets and steaks, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and boneless pork chops. The hamburgers and salmon are great, the pork chops tasted better than they looked, and I can't remember about the chicken but it didn't kill me. The thing I liked about the GE model, besides the price, is that the cooking grates are non-stick and they are removable making them easier to clean. I don't use it a lot but it is convenient when it is too nasty or too much trouble to fire up the propane grill.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if you're talking about the original style grill,they're great.i've had one for about 7 years,and love it.i don't use it as much as i used to,but i wouldn't let it go.they do a great job on just about anything,cook fast and are very easy to clean.just a few swipes with a paper towel most of the time,is all that's needed,unless you let it cool and sit too long.but even then,it's no big deal.a little shot of cooking spray before use,makes cleanup a breeze.

5. they are great i got an extra large one. great for porck chops,brats, and if you are camping with electric. the steaks and burgers are better on a grill. also probably the best way to cook bacon, i can get a whole pound on there and it is easy to clean, i use a wet sponge and just wipe it down.

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

great things, I just don't like the lack of temp control on the original...do the college student way of cleaning and it's a snap...just don't clean it, really not a need to, kinda like a real grill, adds flavor!

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

We have two of them and they are great. Trick to cleaning is just simply turn on your hot water all the way up, open it up over the sink, and use your sprayer on it, anything/everything comes right off in the hot water, then just wipe with a towel.