Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to geneva to put boat in Marina. Rainiing good but decided to go out anyway. First hour no good so we dropped the "perch caller" over. Fish started hitting in about ten minutes. Ticket out all three of us. 90 perch over 10 inches and a lot bigger. Sorry no photos I dont take my camera out when its raining so bad. 1.5 miles out I believe the water was around 58 degrees. good wet day but a lot of fun.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were right on bottom in about 37-38 foot. Needed to drop minnow on bottom and raise slightly. Soft bite though so use a pole that you can really feel it. Bought 2 dozen minnows to start them then went to my salt dryed minnows I make. I think they hit better on the salted recipe.

·
Them Boys
160 Posts
Good Job on the Perch. I have got to get the nerve to take my 17 footer out on erie. So many people say I'll be oK on the right days but I still have my worries. I no I'm missing out on some great fishing. Only 1.5 miles out doesn't seem to bad for a fun day of fishing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Went out this morning(Thursday) waves were closer to 2-4 with some big rollers. Trolled west out of the marina from 45 ft -55 ft turned around at the mansion and came back in. Only one white bass taker:confused: Very, very few boats out. Maybe this weekend will clear up one day or both. Had spoons on dipsies, jets 30 and 40 with harnesses and spoons, lots of purples-nothing tried different depths. This :T thing is frustrating!

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
choose your days.. I dont fish 4 ft or better if i can do it. boat will handle it but my stomache wont take the jarring well. We had 1-3 ft and it was just right. I have a 20 ftr cuddy.2 miles out you can still see shore. I had marked fish closer but didn't check it out. Remember take what the lake gives you and take no more....4's and higher gets rough and is no fun...in my opionion

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Good Job on the Perch. I have got to get the nerve to take my 17 footer out on erie. So many people say I'll be oK on the right days but I still have my worries. I no I'm missing out on some great fishing. Only 1.5 miles out doesn't seem to bad for a fun day of fishing.
still casting, just watch the wind and wave forcast and pick the right days. I have a 17' tracker targa and I go to Erie as much as possible on the weekends. I go when they call for 2' or less for sure. They get it wrong some times but if they are wrong just turn it around and get home safe. What kind of boat do you have? The heavier and wider the boat the better it will handle rough water. I can go out in 3' waves but it just beats you up in my lighter boat. I dont suggest going out to far when they are forcasting thunderstorms and high winds with them. 2 weeks ago I was out about 5 miles from Cleveland in 3' waves, I just trolled with the waves and everything was fine. But you cant beat a great perching day up on the lake when the waves are about 1'. You are missing out on allot of fun for you and whoever your with. Just make sure you have all the coast guard required safety equipment. Like flares, distress flag, horn or whistle, life jackets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts