Ohio Game Fishing banner

Geneva waves thurs?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Workdog 
#1 ·
Anyone who fishes the area have an opinion on what wave conditions will be like 6-12 miles out?

Does that area blow up in N winds as bad as Lorain?

#2 ·
The Natl Wx Svc has been most accurate for me this year. They are forecasting NW 9-12 increasing to 13-16 in the morning with gusts to 23. I would guess that you will start predominately at 1-2s and some 3s between 5am to 9am and increasing to 2-3s from 10am onward.

P.S. Will there be a prize for the most accurate forecast? ;)

#6 ·
Bob the waves are running 2' right now and if the wind picks up to 15-18 tonight you'll be lucky if there are only 3 footers tomorrow best bet is to wait till Fri - Sun is suppose to be beautiful

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#11 ·
I didn't run home for lunch but from 3 miles South of the lake it looks like the wind calmed down a bit from this A.M. I'll give ya a better update when I get home @ 5.

#12 ·
Workdog....you were about dead-on with your wave predictions. Lake was beautiful.....vast majority of the day was 2' or less and nothing over 3's. Knowing that's your home water we made the trip believing you. Thanks you.

Fish had lockjaw but we manage 6 eyes, a small steelhead, and half dozen jumbos on harnesses.

#13 ·
Glad you and your buddy could get out Bob. I think you did OK considering the charters are having some tough days this week. Heard one of the big boats in Geneva gave money back to their clients a couple days ago due to NO fish. I've been fishin a "little" further east the last couple weeks.

#14 ·
Had the family swimming at Perry today. Off the water about 2:00. Wind was stiff out of the northeast, but waves onshore were only 2'-3'. Hoping for some bigger ones for the kids :) Not sure what was going on offshore. Lake was capping good, with a fairly short period between waves. Only saw a couple of boats out, and they looked like larger sized cabin cruisers.

#15 ·
...But, im not sure what the prize is.

I was the guy fishing with Bob and Ill second that we had great weather. I have a 3 hour drive and didn't want to make the trip only to have a big breakfast then drive home. Workdog, you were was right on track. Bob said you knew what your doing, so I made the decision to make the trip and I'm glad I did. Thanks much Workdog.

Plus, Bob gave me a lesson on some new techniques which put fish in the boat. So, a great day of fishin thanks to Bob and Workdog. Much appreciated.

#16 ·
...But, im not sure what the prize is.

I was the guy fishing with Bob and Ill second that we had great weather. I have a 3 hour drive and didn't want to make the trip only to have a big breakfast then drive home. Workdog, you were was right on track. Bob said you knew what your doing, so I made the decision to make the trip and I'm glad I did. Thanks much Workdog.

Plus, Bob gave me a lesson on some new techniques which put fish in the boat. So, a great day of fishin thanks to Bob and Workdog. Much appreciated.
The prize is... the satisfaction of knowing I'm a better weather guesser than the professional weather guessers at NOAA... :D Glad you had a good trip Mike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.