Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Geneva today with my fishing partner and 10 yr old son Justin. We had a real slow start,but went to some old marks from last year and the fish were there. We had 14 hook ups and landed 8 nice smelt stuffed eye's before noon. Tough bite out there today for most. Nice talking to you today at the ramp Gary. 3oz weights from 60- 120 back. 72 ft of water. Pic of my fishing buddie.:T Fish Bass Fishing Fish Trout

Attachments

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks pretty happy! Nice job sylvan!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thanks Mike,It only took us 3hrs to find and figure something out and he still hung in there. He now asks me to go.LOL Good luck out there this week. I actually saw the thermocline set up again in some spots.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
way to go chuck. hope you have a great week up there on vacation with family.
Hope the weather gets better. The forcast sucks,but that the way its been every time I tried to take days off to go this year. My luck the Indians and Detriot probably will get rained out Monday.:D Thanks for showing me where to get some new blades also.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
its my oldest son and my 10 yr old grandson that keeps me going. I still love to fish erie but I just couldn't go without there help. we'll be there the 13th and hopefully fishing the 14th.

those great memories your making with your son now will be with you the rest of your life. I remember my oldest sons 1st coho and my youngest sons first king salmon. my oldest son wanted to give up the rod and I wouldn't take it. after he got the fish in he told me how happy he was that I didn't take the fish. he was scared he would lose it. and my little son had to have help on his first king. he couldn't hold the big rod and reel at the same time. so this one friend helped him with the rod while he reeled in the fish. and just watched them catch there fish. I have so many good memories of them both.

by the way congrats on the fish. keep the reports coming.
sherman

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what's its all about sylvan. Your a lucky guy! I don't have any kids and wish I did a lot of the times...... and one that love the outdoors as much as you is icing on the cake!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thanks Mike. My dad died when I was seven so I had a guy like you take me under his wing and teach me how to hunt and fish and wanted to make sure my kids get to learn what he taught me.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
you are a lucky man. I lost my father when I was 4 and what little I know I have learned from guys like you and just spending time on the water and in the woods. but I have made sure my sons have a lot of good memories. they both fished and hunted with me until they got the bug then I lost them for a few yrs. now they are back and its really good every time we do something together.
sherman

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sherman That's all I want to do is show them something I know we can do together. My 12 yr old girl is in a tree stand with me a lot bow hunting in the fall and loves it. Justin killed his first buck last November at age 9..pretty good start for them learning about life,death and living good. The 7 yr old not to interested in nothing but baseball

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 19 of 19 Posts