Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, i forgot the camera :( after uploading the good pics yesterday, i forgot to pack it away and left it on the coffee table this morning

Hit geneva again today with my grandfather and family friend, got a late start due to my crew needed their beauty sleep. Left the dock around 7:30am and headed for the same area myself ez and laura went to yesterday.

Pulled 3 fish within the first 10 minutes then it fizzled. Talked to workdog out there today and it sounded like he had them going for a little.

What a day out there, we seen a line of at LEAST 7 waterspouts out there just before the black clouds rolled in. Seen alot of boats pulling lines and headed for the barn but after talkin to my local weatherman out there (workdog) he assured me that it was going to pass east of us.

We worked the area for about another hour with nothing to show for it other than long line releases. I slid in shallower and hit a nice pod resulting in 7 real fast eyes on spoons. Chicken wing was king today. started to get late so we pointed it south and trolled to the 58.5N line and picked 4 more before we quit.

ended the day with 14 eyes with 3 or 4 dropped at the back.

once again, the 4 settings 230-250 back did damage with the 0 settings 135-150 shining later on.

we cranked it up to 2.8 today and pulled some, and also got them as low as 2.0.

Nice quality of fish, but not as big as yesterday

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
George, when you refer to # 4 setting, are you using something other than a dispey. I thought they only went to 3 or 3.5. Didnt know if you are using one of the other divers out now, ie walkers deeper divers etc.

thanks
nope, standard luhr jensen dipsy. only the 3 1/2 is labeled.

on my 4 setting, i line the end of the "plate" up with the arrow. Basically, a little past 3 1/2 on the edge of the weight "lip" if that makes sense :confused:

·
After Eyes
471 Posts
soundlike u and workdog had pretty good days out there today thanks to weatherman luckily the old pilot keeps a good eye on them storms

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
People must really like it when you catch a lot of fish. In your last post you caught fish and have gotten over 1300 hits on that post. This one only has 120 hits on it.

Or....it might have something to do with your "crew"

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
We put in at 0630 and headed to where George went. Fishing was hott early. I had a new crew; a cousin from NC and another cousin's two kids. My regular crew couldn't make it. I worked my azz off... :D drove the boat, set the lines, netted (after they lost several). We lost at least 8-10 fish to slack in the lines when they tried to unset the dipsies and reeling them in. We ended with 13 Walleyes, but had lots of fun. the 03 line seemed to hold better amounts of fish for us. I tried Kabooms on mono with a 6 oz snap wt to get it to 50', but not a single Walleye on those. Spoons were best for us (Blonde Chick was HOTT, and an 11 lber pulled a pink panties down). Best setting for us was #4/225'. Often out there, a bait shop will provide wx updates to the fishermen. This time, not so much. I called up the wx radar loop on my Blackberry and could trend where the storm was moving. Someone told fishermen to head for shore, and I'm sure many of those who did ran right into the rain. It stayed nice where we were, and the kids got a thrill from seeing the waterspouts (in the distance). Good talking to you out there George. I heard Walleyewizzard on the radio once but wasn't in a position to give a call out (busy with the rods). How did you do?

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
People must really like it when you catch a lot of fish. In your last post you caught fish and have gotten over 1300 hits on that post. This one only has 120 hits on it.

Or....it might have something to do with your "crew"
Yeah, "they" like looking at EZbite :D :Banane09:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yeah, "they" like looking at EZbite :D :Banane09:
I don't think E.Z. would look as good as Laura did in that camo outfit, but maybe George will upload those pictures of him wearing it later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts