Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wowwwww.....what a grind. I guess thats a good way to sum these last two days up.

WEDNESDAY:

Hit the water with ezbite the birthday boy, my grandfather, fish2day(dave) and his virgin walleye trolling grandson :D. I got out of work late so we didnt hit the water till around 1:00PM or so. We headed for the 02.5N line and decided to troll south with the waves. We hit a few fish to start and just picked our way south. We hit a fish on a jet 40 200 back, a jet 50 100 and 125 back and our number 3 and 4 dipsy settings. Tom was running 250 back on his 4 setting and im pretty sure that did most of the damage. We got south of the 00N line and the marks were getting better. I believe we had 8 fish in the box by now. We were getting ready to pull lines and head for the dock when we popped 3 quick fish-landing two around the 57.5N. Ended the day with 10 walleye and an assortment of perch. I must say.....stingers did rule today. Thanks again dave tom and bryce for another relaxing day on the lake with good company. Ezbite even made it back to the dock in time for an ice cream sandwich on his birthday.

Thursday:

Headed off Geneva again today with my grandfather. We made the 10 mile run out to the area we finished at yesterday with hope hopes and a cooler full of ice. I stopped at the 57N line to check the marks and drop rods to troll the remaining 1/2 mile to our waypoints from yesterday. The screen was BLANK, it was like the dead sea. I decided not to waste our time and layed down the throttle, stopping at the 01.5N line. The marks were better so we dropped rods and trolled west with the waves. We hooked up pretty quick on a number 3 setting 200back with a spoon. We worked the area over a few more times with nothing to show for it. Keep trolling west and got a few more, same thing--dipsy on a 3 setting, 175-225back did most of the damage. It wasnt hot and heavy by ANY means today but we did pick our way to our 12 fish limit. These fish are going to make me go nuts, i have never worked so dang hard to get 12 fish in my life. All the fish are just laying in the mud eating perch, to get bit(at least for us) you literally have to bounce your dipseys off the bottom. We pulled most of our fish today in about a 200 yard stretch. It was one of those days where if you didnt run your waypoint mark over--you didnt pull a fish. We also ended with 18 jumbo perch that just engulfed the spoons, made for a nice cooler of fish.
Talked to a few guys at the ramps and even the creel survey guy AGAIN (the 4th time he has "surveyed" me this year) and everyone was talking 2-4 fish coolers. Honestly, that would of been us as well.......we just got lucky and wandered onto a small small pod of active fish that saved our day. Its like pulling teeth out there now guys, we gotta get some stable weather to school these fish back up and to get a thermocline setup......hopefully.

Ill be back at it monday, i wasnt able to take many pictures today since we were running a 2 man firedrill. BUT i was able to get a picture of our hot spoon today CURIOUS GEORGE. I put this one out today so it would match my shirt :D

Attachments

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Thanks George for a very enjoyable day. You forgot to
mention the 16.5" FO white bass I got on that paintless stinger(once was mixed veggies). And that wasn't just an ice cream sandwich, that was a mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie sandwich, had to splurge when I saw that bad boy in the freezer:)

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks George for a very enjoyable day. You forgot to
mention the 16.5" FO white bass I got on that paintless stinger(once was mixed veggies). And that wasn't just an ice cream sandwich, that was a mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie sandwich, had to splurge when I saw that bad boy in the freezer:)
you are correct----

here is the white bass, Tom--i forgot the name of that spoon...its hard to tell them apart after a few fish???? How do you remember them? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your a better man than me George, after the phone calls back/fourth I still only finished with 3 and some nice perch. See ya out there Mon.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your a better man than me George, after the phone calls back/fourth I still only finished with 3 and some nice perch. See ya out there Mon.
its a tough bite out there now rick. Hopefully this nicer weather stabilizes things for us and gets em going next week.....it really cant get much worse.

I got me some fresh braid and calibrated reels now for monday......plus two more reels spooled up with 400ft of wire.....im ready for battle ;)

·
593 Posts
Thanks again for the ride George, my arm still burns from pulling in those 220 foot dipsies. The chinese fire drill at the end was waaaay cool. Made the whole day better. Bryce said to thank you but won't admit that his arm has to be sore today after we made him pull that many fish. He didn't make it into Geneva before his lights were out. :D . We are hoping to make it back up Sunday. I'll let you know the results.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for the ride George, my arm still burns from pulling in those 220 foot dipsies. The chinese fire drill at the end was waaaay cool. Made the whole day better. Bryce said to thank you but won't admit that his arm has to be sore today after we made him pull that many fish. He didn't make it into Geneva before his lights were out. :D . We are hoping to make it back up Sunday. I'll let you know the results.
my pleaure dave......even if it was like work out there yesterday.

Bryce was feeling the burn, trust me---i was watching.

He plays it off well though ;) He's a trooper.

He needs a few more "dates" with jet 40's 200 back off of boards :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ended with 13 out of Geneva yesterday from 6 - 1; all but 1 on small stingers. At least NOAA was correct with the 2's or less:confused::confused:

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,630 Posts
Great post as usual George. Unfortunately you just convinced me to perch fish more. My 9yr old son does not have alot of patience when it comes to the walleye bite. Those eyes are taking their time stacking up this way but it can change quick. At least you and Workdog seem to get some to eat.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great post as usual George. Unfortunately you just convinced me to perch fish more. My 9yr old son does not have alot of patience when it comes to the walleye bite. Those eyes are taking their time stacking up this way but it can change quick. At least you and Workdog seem to get some to eat.
no way!! you cant perch when theres walleye out there :D

heck do both at once---we pulled alot of jumbo's yesterday walleye fishing.

The fish are there, the marks are great---we just need some stable weather (like these last few days) to get em going. It will be on by monday ;)

The cooler smells like fish, and the freezer is full---life is good

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anyone fish this morning or this afternoon after the storm? Lake has to be pretty churned up. Noaa is calling for 2 feet or less tomorrow lol. Lake will still have some 3's in the morning, Maybe sometime afternoon I am guessing. Maybe a Sunday afternoon and early morning Monday trip is in my future.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts