Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we made the drive to Geneva this morning and I should have listened to my gut to stay in bed. A few boats braved the 4-6 footers and we were one of them we ended up with 1 eye and a few bruises but we made it back safe, lesson learned!!

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
yea I've learned the hard way if your not going to have fun out there then don't go. and that's just to rough to have fun even if you catch a few fish. sore places you didn't know you had places tangled lines its just not worth it.
sherman

·
Registered
496 Posts
Got my arse handed to me too many times on that pond in boats way bigger than the one I have now, learned that theres no shame in doin a turn-around and heading back home. Those little bumps on the horizon ain't that little when you get out there in em!

·
Dr.Ed
17 Posts
That long trip to the lake can be avoided by checking three websites prior to leaving home. 1) NDBC - Station - GEL01 2) National Weather Service Marine Forecast, both the 2 day and the 5 day. The first one gives you the wind within 2 hours and if you scroll down you can see the progression or digression of the weather picture over several hours. 3) And then there is Accuweather Radar. By putting the map in motion I have elected to stay home more times than I care to count. At this moment I am headed to bed for an early departure from Geneva after checking all of the above and seeing nothing negative in the near future. At 4:00 AM I will recheck. Do this every time and you can avoid a lot of trouble and disappointment. If there is any question about approaching weather when you get to Geneva, check the radar in the marina office. Note: My only allergy is to lightning. I break out in a rash......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts