Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled our 18 and a steelhead by 1:30 took a little than it should have dropped some fish and a lot of white perch.
Great company and nice fish and awesome weather made up for it.

Strait north 68 to 70 ft

bigeyezcharters.com

Attachments

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Good going on a tough bite! I quit fishing Geneva since the Angermanagement crew has been thinning em' out;) Catching all the straglers out to the east. Will be up there next week for the Vic's tourney...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mike,
Thanks for a great trip! Not only did we catch some great fish, but enjoyed the time on the water with you as well. Appreciated your efforts, and your continued hard work dealing with the white perch, and staying on the small active pod of fish. We had time to kill at the marina, and measured some of the larger fish. Just wanted to let you know; of the 18 fish, 9 went over 28", with the biggest going 30 1/4". Amazing quality! Again, thanks for a great trip on all fronts. See you again soon.
Tom

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys it was fun, critter I get my worms from one stop bait shop by ladue, Jim has the best crawlers for me he is local for me too. I then feed them and grow them into "snakes"
Tom it was a pleasure fishing with you and Bob had a good time hope to do it again We were guessing that was how many fish Ohio's hit it pretty close I guess! That made that 120 quart cooler look small!
Thanks again guys Mike

bigeyezcharters.com

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey thanks Jim that sounds better than nothing. Normally not much wind when there eating us anyway. May try dryer sheet deal too... if we never caught any thing they might not be a problem you know..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
606 Posts
Enjoyed reading the posts. Are you launching from the Geneva State Park marina?

I have not been east of Rocky River but will be on vacation week of July 15 and want to get in some serious fishing. Google Map for me shows 2hr, 40 minute drive. Long, but not much different that the Oak Harbor run in April. Of course a trip to Geneva depends on the walleye still being in the area in 10 days. I am interested in the chance for a steelhead and nice perch as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Enjoyed reading the posts. Are you launching from the Geneva State Park marina?

I have not been east of Rocky River but will be on vacation week of July 15 and want to get in some serious fishing. Google Map for me shows 2hr, 40 minute drive. Long, but not much different that the Oak Harbor run in April. Of course a trip to Geneva depends on the walleye still being in the area in 10 days. I am interested in the chance for a steelhead and nice perch as well.
That is a great launch ramp, plenty of parking and less than 5 min on the lake..but don't believe the wave forecasts. Unless winds are S S/E every time I've been there they call for 0-1' = 2', 1-2' =3'+,and 2-3' = stay home for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.