Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out around 6:30 am today. Started off really good then it died off for us. Fish were there just deep and in neutral mode. Tried just about every thing on my boat presentation wise before found the program that worked for us. Big boards did good early but the fish wanted it slow and remained deep so had to change over to inline 3 oz weights. Was pretty much game on once we did make the switch. All types of blades worked for us. Pinks/Purples seemed to do best. Speed was the most critical thing by far.

Plus it makes it hard to catch fish when you are beside Jake, The Zart Boys, and Got One. They dont let many slip through the cracks. Good talking to you guys out there.

Got our 24 by 1 pm. Awesome day on lake with some friends. Pretty much fished 69-72 fow NE of Geneva.

Have fun out there.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I received my seaguar leader line in the mail today!!! do you use that with the weights also? What length leader between the weight and the harness? I would think you could go with a shorter leader with the weights? I was out today with the family in the afternoon we did ok on the perch was really glad the nephew get to catch some! Is there any better smile than a kid with a fish on their line?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nice job again Ryan. We had 1 fish at 8:30 until we made the run back to where we have been fishing. You had a nice little honey hole there!! We ended up going 27 for 40. Had a newbie who had first crack at most the fish and dropped quite a few then he figured it out. Always fun fishing with the group of guys!! Dipsy's did real good for most of the morning. See you soon!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your an animal Steve. I seen you coming hauling a$#, didnt know it was you at first cause i knew where you were starting early this morning. I was like look at this boat, he is a man on a mission. Then it sat down and saw it was you,, was laughing and glad you came over. Didnt take you long before you were filling the cooler.

You definately had dipseys going good. I couldnt move those things.

Hope you do well if you get out tomorrow.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received my seaguar leader line in the mail today!!! do you use that with the weights also? What length leader between the weight and the harness? I would think you could go with a shorter leader with the weights? I was out today with the family in the afternoon we did ok on the perch was really glad the nephew get to catch some! Is there any better smile than a kid with a fish on their line?
Yup... I would keep everything the same in my opinion. To me, the longer you can get away with the better.

I heard they smashed perch yesterday, the all the sudden today was super slow.

Strange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts