Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
First off, i need donkey to take the bad voodoo off my boat, this is getting nuts.

been having problem all week with my boat going into/out of gear and after a few hours of adjustments i figured we were back up and running......WRONG!

Got to Geneva today around 6:30am and splashed the boat, started like a gem.....but it wouldnt engage into reverse, again! I made a trip up to Geneva bait (nighthawk marina) and had Harlod look at it. I have to give my biggest thank you to the crew up there to get me back and running within two hours. I finally gave in and put a new shift cable assembly in.

We finally got launched again around 10:00am after our major setback. We headed for the 58N/58W line and setup, lake was rolling 2-4 still but wasnt to bad .

We popped a good fish within 15 minutes of setting up on a jet 40 165 back and a peerless predator frog pattern spoon. Worked that area over for awhile with nothing else to show for it.

Talked to a few OGF guys and it sounded like they were pulling them a little better, and have way better marks out deeper (Thanks again Steve and Steve). We picked lines up and headed out. Setup around the 03/58 line and headed south. The action was alot better out there and we managed to salvage our day.

Dipsies down in the MUD and peerless predator spoons did most of the damage today. We pulled lines around 2:45pm and headed for the dock with 13 walleye.

We did pull 2 fish on a silver mixed veggies spoon and a few on dipsies with stickbaits but the frog p, bloody nose and flaming chartruese predator's were hott again today like they have been these last few weeks.

I managed to take some good pictures today, a few of the repairs.....and also one where my dad fell during his "pose" (you can see him airborne and headed for the floor).

Dipsies deep, with rings

3 at 175-215
2 at 150-165
1 at 100, and 125

speed was 1.9-2.1.

Head north guys, go north. The fish we pulled around the 58 line are gone. Today if we got south of the 00N line, the marks and action was gonzo.

Back at it tomorrow for a half day trip.

**** Pics to come after dinner---give me a few*****

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
thanks for the update George,stayed below the 00 line and had a tough go....Had the inlaws out there today and it was abit bumpy for them...decided to troll south with the waves back....Be up there tomorrow morning....Dropped the boat off and told the guy I did not want to take your parking spot ;) :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Fished with Rip N Lip,Reeleyes, and Mr.Mallard today. Wind was blowing early but settled down after a while.Took a while to find fish but we found a small active pod and stayed on them all day. 72 FOW, using dipseys with double willow harnesses was the best, took a few on spoons. Ended the day with 20 and a few lost. Good company and a lot of laughs. George, good to talk to you again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well done George ! I can't believe the marina got you in so quick, if you call them down south here, they tell you we can look at it in about three weeks .:confused::) . The donkey must be on top of the mountain trying to get his mo-jo back . Haven't heard much from him lately ,i'm looking forward to a post from him . Your buddy EZ is doing some ground pounding and seems to be doing pretty well . I look forward to a trip to Geneva once the spell has been lifted. ;)

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give me a call Joe--we got some trips planned for wed/thursday next week.

Donkey has been killing fish like always lately, he is being humble though.........he is no longer a chest beater since i left. He has no one to pick on ;)

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Give me a call Joe--we got some trips planned for wed/thursday next week.

Donkey has been killing fish like always lately, he is being humble though.........he is no longer a chest beater since i left. He has no one to pick on ;)
George;No need to pick on you yet.I have been laying low to avoid the Flies and Haters.Take them with you to Geneva.;)

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where do you get the spoons from? All I see on the Peerless website for them is blanks. Thanks.
Tom is working on adding colors to the website this week, it should be up soon id imagine. I got to admit, they are awesome looking colors. I got around 50 new ones on friday that i have yet to run, i cant wait for wednesday to get here so i can get them wet :)

A few teethmarks wouldnt be bad either ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
George whats the story with these Peerless spoons? are they local? will they treat us as good as Don does at Ole'petes and are you keeping the single hook on or swapping them out for a triple? I gotta know!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
George whats the story with these Peerless spoons? are they local? will they treat us as good as Don does at Ole'petes and are you keeping the single hook on or swapping them out for a triple? I gotta know!!
I was wondering the same thing rizzman. George do you fish them with just the meathook on them, or do you put on a treble? I used to just put on the meathook on all my thunderstick JR's when I ran them on wire. Hardly ever loose a fish with the meathook.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
rizz, yep they are all made locally here in cleve. Tom and don are both great guys, i have 0 complaints about them. I will continue to run the ole petes spoons like always but these peerless spoons will definitly be getting wet alot as well. It looks like its going to be a 1/2 peerless, 1/2 hornet spoon program from now on. 2 totally different spoons with 2 totally different actions.

I am "field testing" the single hook style, so far so good. I was kind of skeptical at first about it, but im starting to be won over i guess. We'll see what the future holds. Im a firm believer in the "3 points are better than one" theory, but 90% of the fish pulled on the single hook have been buttoned up right in the top part of the jaw, solid.

i will say one thing, both the ole petes and peerless spoons are painted for battle. The paint schemes are hott and the paint sticks. Far more superior than stinger..........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts