Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
One On The Turn
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched boat at 6:00 A.M. Headed straight north to 64 FOW. Got rods set and they started to go. Hard to keep 4 rods in the water today and had a 2 man ticket in 1 Hr 20 Min. Great report.

NOW FOR THE TRUTH - For all you guys that opted out because of the weather GOOD CHOICE. It is true I was at the ramp by 6 and the waves were crashing, all charter captians standing around and cancelled all thier trips today. One stuck his nose out to check something on his boat and said waves were a solid 4-6 and maybe 5 to 7's. Hung out for about an hour then put the boat back at the storage lot, came home, got the fly rod and went trout fishing in Volant PA.

And it only cost me about $100.00 in gas for truck and boat for me to tell you this.

Will see you all up there on Sunday morning.

Keith R.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
$100 is just about what it cost me to tow the trophy up, fish and return home. looks like we made the right call. did you at least get an ice cream sandwich?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
$100 is just about what it cost me to tow the trophy up, fish and return home. looks like we made the right call. did you at least get an ice cream sandwich?

where is the place for the ice cream sandwich in case I want to dump a 100 and come back with something this weekend ;)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
where is the place for the ice cream sandwich in case I want to dump a 100 and come back with something this weekend ;)
right inside the baitshop at the marina, i probably shouldnt say anything because you vultures will buy them all and i'll be left with nothing but french frys after our next trip.:D

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
I took the day off to go fishing. But after seeing the weather, I stayed home and tuned my lawnmower up instead. I'm glad I listened to myself and stayed home.

Tom, that 100.00 makes it taste like an very expensive ice cream sandwich. Have to treat ourselves once in a while :D

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
glad to see we made the right call and stayed on shore today. I headed down to the boat today to check things over after i had a few throttle issues and it was honkin.

I did however get all 10 rods setup and ready to rock and roll for our sunrise trip tomorrow morning.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
glad to see we made the right call and stayed on shore today. I headed down to the boat today to check things over after i had a few throttle issues and it was honkin.

I did however get all 10 rods setup and ready to rock and roll for our sunrise trip tomorrow morning.
oh im fishing, just not walleye, i hear the skeeter cats callin me name EEEEEEEZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
right inside the baitshop at the marina, i probably shouldnt say anything because you vultures will buy them all and i'll be left with nothing but french frys after our next trip.:D
thanks I will tell them to put 1 in the back of the freezer and that one is for ezbite when he comes in ;) :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was mad I had to work today and my Dad and brother were hitting the lake. They were home before I left for work because of the weather. They ended up hitting skeeter and catching a few eyes.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
keith do you know the difference in miles. from boardmen to the v river or from boardmen to geneva. just wondering. i would think geneva is alot closer. man when i saw you at the v river, i was thinking you got a long tow. rockytop (BOB)

·
One On The Turn
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rocky Top
I don't know what it is in miles but it takes me 1Hr and 50 Min to get to the V and 1 Hr and 15 or 20 min to get to geneva. Maybe a little faster now that I am not towing the boat as I am keeping it up close to the State Park.

Keith R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts