Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out in 48 fow ne of the harbor pulled a couple but not very good action. Went out to 55 fow no luck. Made a run out to Redbrook in 61 fow. Finally found them. Fishing was slow but steady. The fish were 5 to 10 feet off the bottom feeding on some kind of larve that smelled really bad. Hard to get them to bite when they have that much food to eat. It took most of the day but we got our 5 tickets. I heard people on the radio sounds like the walleye were biting pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
12 Posts
We also were perch fishing there,but saw no jerking so we went to the pack to the west in 48ft caught 20 or so small perch. Then went 2 miles west of Genva St. park in 44.5 fow anchored over structure non stop up and down. 2 4lb smallies and 20 perch over 12 inches few 13teens average size was 10-11 inches

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was not aware there was any structure west of harbor. Can you give any more details? I know the bottom is a little rocky in front of the cabins. Is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Misdirection how did you do on the walleye Saturday. I heard you on the radio once but I was too busy with the perch to ask how you were doing.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Misdirection how did you do on the walleye Saturday. I heard you on the radio once but I was too busy with the perch to ask how you were doing.

We did ok. It was just my dad and I since we had two cancellations. I lost the very first walleye. I thought I had a tangle or small fish on the line, but the walleye followed the lure all the way to the boat, but the time I saw it, it just spit out the lure and swam away. We got into a mess of fish and and as soon as we got south of the 02 line we got into junk and got into a tangle. At one point we had two fish on, no one driving the boat and had to scramble for the net. When we made out second pass we went too far north and had a dry spell for a while. No complaints. One thing that was different this weekend was the size of the fish, they were all huge. Last week was mixed sizes. We'll be back at it again next weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great Weekend!!!!!!

We fished in 60 fow right in front of the Geneva Marina and the Lodge.
Limited in 3 hrs., two tickets Saturday and 2 hrs on Sunday, two tickets.

Fast and furious. Took us a couple of moves, but once we found them it was crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts