Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and tammy headed out today and improved the eye count coming home with 9. Lost 3 coming in. Headed off the water at noon. 3oz inlines and harnesses, colorado blades in pink and green backs at 90 to 120 back at 1.5 to 1.8 to 71 to 72 ft 02/53 line and around there. another nice day to be out. be back at it tomorrow :) last day of vac, don't think I'm going to stay home :p

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
nice going guys, Mike way to change it up. what was your speed friday, going by you i felt like i was at indy. my sog was 2.1 to 2.3 going south or sw. and 2.5 to 2.6 going north or ne. just woundering what your speed was. nice fish.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, speed yesterday was 1.9 to 2.1 avg sometimes 2.2 to 2.3 but on the slower side. today put the dips away and had 6 fish by 9:00am on inlines, then just pick here and there. Fish were marking better north in the day today ,but ran out of time headed south.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good seeing you at the Dock wallydog. Looks like your starting to get dialed in a bit more. Glad it worked out for ya. BD
thanks alot gary, stuck with the program and improved alot. stayed on the slow side and almost punched the last ticket. outside board pulling them in they kept getting off.

·
One On The Turn
440 Posts
Also in Geneva to redeem myself today after a poor showing last week. Ended up with 8 quality fish, lost 2 coming in and had about 3 short hits. Spent my day north in 72-73 FOW. Spent the morning with Dipsy's. #3 setting 135 to 150 back did the most damage #2 125 back and #1 105 back did well. Switched to the big boards in the afternoon when the lakes flattened out. A Peerless Predator hand painted spoon in Purple and Chart. took three fish, Purple harness took 4 and a green harness took one. Cannot forget about the farm animals we had to deal with. Speed anywhere from 1.8 to 2.3. NO FLIES TODAY.

Keith

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Nice, quality fish! My son and friend were out NW of bula. I thought they had a bad day with only eight. Said bite was better with a chop-dipsys and spoons(nothing on a harness!). Looks like they scored the "average" bag if you "Erie sticks" are not limiting!:) He's out again today to try for a couple more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts