Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on water around six am... Had two steelies by 6:30... No eyes.. Fish were deep 60 ft or deeper.... We trolled ne of marina 69-72... Lots of junk fish tried dipsey anywhere from 85-225... Had 40 and 50 trutrips out with various leads 80-125., cableguy thanks for help but it was slow pickin and dad wanted to go home to fix flat tire he got coming to get me at 3:45 am... Maybe next time...angermanagement will have to let us know how to do it.. Waiting on video;) only way I get to see eyes ;(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw we have old hummingbird fishfinder that does the job but saw at least a dozen of what I think you guys call bait balls out there ... Huge humps about 15 ft off bottom... If those are shad or smelt? Idk but maybe the eyes were eating all the bait???

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Btw we have old hummingbird fishfinder that does the job but saw at least a dozen of what I think you guys call bait balls out there ... Huge humps about 15 ft off bottom... If those are shad or smelt? Idk but maybe the eyes were eating all the bait???

I am not sure those are bait fish that we are marking out there. I have no proof, but I believe those are bug larvae that we are marking down close to the bottom. When they come up and hatch, they become muckleheads and biting flies and other small bugs that love to annoy all of us fisherman.... :D

·
Banned
818 Posts
Yup it was tough, we finally figured them out, took us a while they were down deep 3 oz 105 back 2 oz 150 back and they wanted it slow 1.2-1.5 s turns put a lot in box. Good luck next time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.