Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Eye Lander
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the water at 5:00 am with a friend of mine who had never been fishing before. Headed north to 70 foot of water. Set down on really good marks. Got two real quick then had a really bad tangle. Once I cleared that the marks vanished. Picked another 3 before 8:30. Probably would have done better but I spent a lot of time explaining stuff to him, plus he couldn't drive in a straight line to save his life, and we got into a couple bad tangles. Ended the day with 5 walleye, all of them 27 inches and a bonus 26 inch steelhead that put on quite a show. We wrapped up early at 10:30. Best program for us was salamander double willows 100-120 foot back off trutrip 40s.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I started fishing at 7 am. With in 10 minutes of trolling, I had 2 pull backs. The 1st one caught me off guard, and by the time I grabbed the rod the fish was gone. The 2nd came just minutes after the 1st one. I dropped that one at the boat. By 10 am I had 5 in the box and was looking to finish up soon after. At noon I was still looking for that 1 more. Well I made a turn and pow, a double. Both rods go almost simultaneous. Pretty kool sense I was all by myself. I some how managed to land both fish. One was 7 lbs and the other was a 6 lber. I put the 6 lber back in the lake and started cleaning up to head back to the dock...
In total I had 10 pull backs and landed 7. Got 1 that went 9 lbs and 2 that went 7 lbs each. The other 3 were 4 lbs each... Beautiful day on the water. Had flies all over the boat, but they left me alone...

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Funny story Kableguy. I wondered what the talk on the radio about "the big tangle was about" Hey its all fun when you got your buddies with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts