Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the ease of using ramps at Geneva but willing to do Conneaut if that area is better for me this time of year. I know near-shore areas in Conneaut Ohio, but can work on a pattern in Geneva casting worm harness or Jigs, or flat line trolling. I also can put on tadpole or wts. I have two reels with wire if needed. I like fishing within a few miles of shore any help will be much appreciated any tips or where to start my search at Geneva Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
View attachment 357885 I usually do very good on smallies and eyes trolling cranks within 10ft of the bottom. 1.5-2mph. Mark spots that are holding large fish suspended and keep making passes. You’ll do good.
Hey fish'n, how ya come'n with the flat bottom? Hope everything is good with it and you and your family as well.
Where is the ramp in relation to your red circle?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Redbrook area is about 7 miles east of Geneva. It is a little closer to Ashtabula. The other option is to work the same depths west of Geneva, toward Perry. You won't need your wire this early, and definitely not until the fish are well offshore.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,647 Posts
Hey fish'n, how ya come'n with the flat bottom? Hope everything is good with it and you and your family as well.
Where is the ramp in relation to your red circle?
Hey Diesel, the trailer is rewired and painted, Completely gutted the boat and doing weld repairs to the cracks and fixing leaking rivets. It’s flipped over on horses right now. Bought a 25hp for it too. Gotta a while yet before its ready to splash. If the rains hold off I can make some more progress.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I was up in Ashtabula on Saturday waxing my boat. There were trees floating down the river and out to the lake. I wouldn't want to be out there anytime in the near future. We need to get all that debris out of the river and into the lake and then a good blow from the north to push it all ashore.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that warning. I happen to call Snug Harbor last night and Jack said the same at Conneaut with a lot of debris. I will wait until until 1 day next week.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
The Redbrook area is about 7 miles east of Geneva. It is a little closer to Ashtabula. The other option is to work the same depths west of Geneva, toward Perry. You won't need your wire this early, and definitely not until the fish are well offshore.
Thanks for the info, DJ, it's highly appreciated. I want to try the Geneva area this year as i have never fished there.
We got a late start at Bula last year, and like everyone, we killed them. The nice thing about that was i never put out a dipsey or a tru-trip and never lowered a down rigger. Caught'm all on Dearies and jigs. What a load o fun.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Hey Diesel, the trailer is rewired and painted, Completely gutted the boat and doing weld repairs to the cracks and fixing leaking rivets. It’s flipped over on horses right now. Bought a 25hp for it too. Gotta a while yet before its ready to splash. If the rains hold off I can make some more progress.
I'm glad your getting her together, fishin. I can't wait to see it when your all done.:)
Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.
I'm almost caught up on my garden and other projects and my target date for Erie is next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts