Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started Sunday out of Geneva,70 fow,marked a lot only could get 1 to go...moved out a few miles to 73 fow and started pullin went 7 for 9 in about a hour and a half,to finish with 8,had to leave for family b-day party.Marked a ton of bait and fish...Headed back out Monday morning this time went out of Ashtabula,did the scenic river ride:D..lines in at about 8:30,had about 5 fish first 2 hours,then got interesting,nonstop for a couple hours,several doubles and a triple for a 4 man limit.Even had to release a couple after getting #24 clearing lines.All fish on meat,3oz. Inlines,on boards. Targeting fish from 35-45 down.Pulled a couple on dipsey 3.5/103 back.Great to be out,beautiful weather both days,nice mix of size of fish,from 20" to 30".Good luck if you get out.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Congrats on a couple fine day's of fishing...did you launch out of ARU or Kisters in Bula? I haven't used the launch at Kisters, but I hear it's really nice and cuts some time off the scenic trip out the river...and you don't have to contend with the second draw bridge if a train comes along...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Way to go brother! That is one of the best looking reports this year. I picked the wrong week to be off.LOL Nice job guys.I see Mike took the good camera again.:T

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Kister's isn't new, been there forever. They also have a camp ground. But the launches are a recent addition. 11 N till it ends. Turn left on 531. Cross the draw bridge and take the first left. First marina is Sutherland's, second is AYC, road ends at Kister's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm new to erie fishing and looking for advice to where to fish out of Geneva / Ashtabula area. Where would you launch ? I would be coming from route 11.
Where are good perch and walleye spots this time of year? How far out?
Where do you gather weather reports ?
What type of trolling gear is needed and what to use?
I have a little 19ft monark king with 90 hp and 9.9 hp.
Any advice would great.

I'm used to fishing inland lakes my entire life and using lead core for trolling and bottom fishing with spinning combos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts