Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I run a 19' Lund. I am taking my nephew out for his first walleye trip today. so we go this morning out of Geneva to the 02 line trolling north(south blow). dipseys in the water. bam. 26" fish. Gonna be a good day. Not. work it to the 03.5 and the wave were spicey. Decided to beat back and be done. long trip with BIG WAVES. then the weather lays down about 1:30 so we run back out to 00. another two hours and zero. #3 dipsey 145, #2 dipsey 120, watermelon and gold double willows. painful!!

·
florida ice fishing
14,053 Posts
really hate to hear you had such a bad day. if you get back out try making the run over to the east. it seems the fishing around Geneva has been touch and go. but from the reports I've been reading the fishing has been good over in bula waters. maby some of the guys that's been doing so good in bula will help you out a little with some numbers.

you could do a search for bula and read some of the threads about fishing bula. I remember reading some of the numbers that was posted but off hand I don't remember what they were.
sherman

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Have a feeling if you were running willows at 145 on a 3 you were either fishing to high or not going fast enough What was your speed? Willows fish best at faster speeds which means longer leads. Try 1.9-2.3 with 180 on a 3 or fish Colorado's at 1.4-1.7 at 140 back ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
FatMat
206 Posts
Unfortunately your ran out to far, seen so many people go out past the 00's and the fish were just not there very heavy. If you would have tried 66ft to the 00 and did a Uee right out in front of Geneva it would have been Fish on!:B

=

·
FatMat
206 Posts
Have a feeling if you were running willows at 145 on a 3 you were either fishing to high or not going fast enough What was your speed? Willows fish best at faster speeds which means longer leads. Try 1.9-2.3 with 180 on a 3 or fish Colorado's at 1.4-1.7 at 140 back ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Definitely try different speeds but willows IMO run great at 1.5 so I try to lock my speed between 1.3 to 1.7. Also I like a longer leader now that some of the members taught me 10 ft. I always like to start my dipseys at 3-150 2-125 1-100 and tweak from there. When you start catching mussels you know your to deep.:D That lake was ruff in the A.M and the fog was thick, you guys got some big balls going out to the 03.5 in a 19ft boat glad you got some fish. Last week bronze, purple and pink worked for me and my cuz, this week we ran yo-zuris and the red head with white back was a magnet. Me and Neo ran those Zuris off wire 300ish back and they were amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts