Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started about 6am and finished at 11. A little choppy early , pushed my little 16' around. After the wife got sick the second time it was time to go. Finally did find a few around 71 fow slightly NW of marina. Noticed a decent temp change of water temp from 69 to 71 and set up. Had to sort through some shorts but kept 3, 16"-22". Divers around 35 ft down. Speed, huh, best guess around 2.8. Had 1.8 to 3.8 . Nascar & Sir walleye caught all. Had chicken wing out also and nothing. Noticing they like copper backs lately.
PXL_20210718_190529772.jpg

Kip

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next time throw some gold spoons out ...not trying to tell you how to fish but I've been doing really good on gold out of BULA...Bumblebee or just plain old gold spoons.....just my two cents...worth a shot
Thanks for the advice. Just ordered a couple. Got a whole mega caddy full and somehow I overlooked a basic like gold lol

Kip

·
Registered
278 Posts
We fished out of Conny Thurs - Sun (even attempted Saturday, for a minute) and the fish were set up in a very narrow band at the thermocline at 45-50 feet in 68-74 fow. Found a pod of good ones and worked them over all weekend. Sonar was lit up all the way out but anything shallower was short city. Amazing the amount of eyes in the lake right now, we are living the good old days.

We mostly ran harnesses with 3 oz snap weights at 85-125 leads depending on current/speed. Caught them on cranks well also when we played around, but prefer the shorter leads and slower troll with harness speeds 1.5-2 sog.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Privateer….please know how much your posts are appreciated. I’m headed to Geneva mid week with my daughter, and since I only get a few days / year on the water with her, I try to make it special. Your information provides a level of confidence on where and how to start. Much appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts