Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a rough day on the lake!! There were a few serious waves out there! Started out fishing north of Redbrook in 70 fow then picked up and went north of Ashtabula. Picked up a 29" and 24" fish there....A guy got sick so we started trolling south west. Picked up 5 more between Redbrook and Geneva with another 29" and a 28" mixed in!! They were all hogs!! All the fish came on the same two poles. One had a purple dipsy 135ft back and the other had a purple 50 tru trip 130 back....coincidence? Anybody else do good with purple dipsey or tru trip??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sure was a little bit choppy at times for the 20' boat i was in.20 mile run in that stuff and im sore.

Was around the 10 line bula.27 walleye.1-30".2-29" 1-28" rest where mostly 24-26".

Most where taken on wire.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am very new to fishing Lake Erie Javelin I don't have a pole set up with wire yet. What set up did you use? Crawler harness? how far back? I am hoping to buy another pole this week I might go with wire on it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That guy must have been a champ to keep letting everybody fish without complaining! Lmao!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know how you did it, I would have begged to go back in! Dedication!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Yes purple dipsey is all I run. They out fish black ones for me. I think it all comes down to confidence in what you are using.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, what a trooper that guy is to let you all continue to fish ahaha! Nice job today, thanks for some good info as well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts