Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched from Geneva around 5:30 am. Setup Northwest in about 50’ and trolled north. Started picking some walleyes 57’ to around 62’. Small Tangerine spoon was the best color today for us. #3 65’. #2 55 #1 45 #0 35 same as yesterday. End the day with a two man limit.

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,410 Posts
we left the dock a little after 7am. ran the same line and program as yesterday... straight out marina - 62fow. troll east & back west at nets (yes the damn perch nets are out). trutrip 40s at 75' & 85' back with midsize spoons - any color... dipsy #2 setting at 85' and 100'. trolling speed at the probe was about 2.5mph. the water temp is the same throughout the column 61F, so the fish can be anywhere... we ended with 26 good sized fish - largest just short of FishO at 27.5" - could not find that extra .5".

through the weekend looks to be great lake conditions. get out and catch some walleye...

·
Registered
157 Posts
we left the dock a little after 7am. ran the same line and program as yesterday... straight out marina - 62fow. troll east & back west at nets (yes the damn perch nets are out). trutrip 40s at 75' & 85' back with midsize spoons - any color... dipsy #2 setting at 85' and 100'. trolling speed at the probe was about 2.5mph. the water temp is the same throughout the column 61F, so the fish can be anywhere... we ended with 26 good sized fish - largest just short of FishO at 27.5" - could not find that extra .5".

through the weekend looks to be great lake conditions. get out and catch some walleye...
Thanks for the report. Coming up tomorrow morning to give it a go. Hope the rain holds off.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
We launched from Geneva around 5:30 am. Setup Northwest in about 50’ and trolled north. Started picking some walleyes 57’ to around 62’. Small Tangerine spoon was the best color today for us. #3 65’. #2 55 #1 45 #0 35 same as yesterday. End the day with a two man limit.
Question for you. When you run you dipsys that close are you running them off boards to get away from boat

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can’t run a dipsey off the boards..

You can run inline weights, divers like bandits, jet divers.. anything that pulls straight..
Dipsey need to be let out slow with 3 setting first to be let out than your 1 if you are trying to run two rods a side..
I use the clicker to slow the release of the line to avoid spinning on way down.

I have been running two rods off both sides on boards and three dipsey rods.. I would need ideal situation to get 8th rod in .. not worth the tangles unless you have a big boat in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,410 Posts
even on a big boat - we typically will run per side 4x board lines and 1x dipsy. when it is calm and fishing is slow, we will get greedy and try 5x board lines with 1x dipsy. there are some charters that will run more but if something goes bad it becomes a real mess quickly and with that many lines in the water 10x or 12x lines, that is really enough to pull a bunch of fish. got to love the days when you can't keep 4x lines in the water all day and limit out having them pulled from your hands before they get on the board. we had one do that this morning.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I run 3 lines per (big) board, 2 dipsys off the stern corners (#1 & #3), and two off downriggers for a total of 12 rods when I have 4 guys or more on the boat. The key is making sure if your running true trips on the boards that their a little shallower than your #3 dipsy. But when running flat lines or wire, it's not a problem.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
I run 3 divers and 1 rigger per side. but I run the lite bite slide divers. the front one on 4.5 middle 3 back on 1.5. about like a dipsy on 3, 2, 1. I don't use the slide but run them like a dipsy with a 6' or 7' Fluro leader going in the lite bite arm. I've thought about adding a couple of inline boards to get more lines in the water. but for now I'm sticking with 8 rods. i run me back divers shorter than my front divers. if my front diver is 100' then my middle diver will be 85' and my back diver at 70'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts