Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had trips Friday and Saturday. Friday was awesome 5 tickets by 10:20. Saturday little slower. We got 16 by 11:30 and the customers wanted to call it a day because it was getting nasty.
We were still fishing ne of Geneva in 73/74 ft of water. Program remains the same 100 to 120 on #3 tadpoles. 100 to 130 on inlines. Dipseys 100 to 120 on a 3.5 and 60 to 85 on a 1. Colors pink, gold, antifreeze, and coppers. Speed 1.7
One thing I wanted to point out the new #3 tadpoles are really working well I liked them especially yesterday in rough conditions and the fish were definitely neutral to negative. It allows that harness to stay right in there face longer. Pics on my fb page on website. Good luck and fish strong. BD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Do the tadpoles fish more like jets? Meaning you dont get as much vertical movement.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes less vertical swim only difference is they don't float at rest :) you can check them out on offshore tackles website also you can order directly from there site now to try a few. I think you will live them. BD

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
5 tickets by 10:20am had to be putting a strain on your customers. Hopefully nobody developed Carpal Tunel Syndrom from all that cranking! Sure hope Nicholas ate his Wheaties that morning:confused: Lol That's just some sick fishing there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
A huge thank you to Gary and Nicholas!!! I was on the boat with them on Friday morning. All I can say is WOW!!! When it was all over, we figured we averaged a fish about every 7 minutes! It was a real honor to get to go out on the lake with Gary and Nicholas. Watching them run their program and keeping us consistently in the fish was nothing short of amazing. It's a real cool deal when you can go out on the lake and get your own personal tutorial on WALLEYE TACTICS by two of the best!!

Thank you again for opportunity and fantastic day.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
great job on the fish. I just wasn't able to fish fri after a hard day getting our limit on thurs. and sat I would have loved to have been out there fishing but our trip was over we had to pack up and head for home.

and I know we'll never have a day like that because we are just set up to run divers and they just don't produce like inlines. but we do have fun trying. and we usually catch enough to keep us coming back. and I know i'll never be the fisherman that they are.

maby some day i'll get to fish with them. but by the time we plan our trip there usually booked solid.
sherman

·
drifer43
65 Posts
I was part of that Friday trip also. I think we had the first limit in soomething like 18 minutes. Watching Gary and Nicolas work their magic was fun. You can't help but learn a lot of things fishing with them. Thanks Gary for letting me get my hands dirty. I enjoy unhooking fish and putting worms on the harnesses. All in all a very memorable day on the lake. Jerry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Blue Dolphin...... Gary....we are making our first trip to the Geneva area and was looking for a little advice. We are traveling approximately 8 hours and would like to get a few details from you. I follow your posts quite often and you seem to always share your success with others. We typically fish the Western Basin area and get out to the Sandbar and Bouy area which is quite a bit shallower. I have seen your details and recall that you often fish 3 ounce inlines which is what I planned on doing when we come, if you think that is still a good method. I have heard some people fish wire out to 300-350 feet and I wonder why? I see on your recent post yup talk about Tadpoles. Are they a weighted system? I have jets, trip divers and dispels so could take about any approach needed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blue Dolphin...... Gary....we are making our first trip to the Geneva area and was looking for a little advice. We are traveling approximately 8 hours and would like to get a few details from you. I follow your posts quite often and you seem to always share your success with others. We typically fish the Western Basin area and get out to the Sandbar and Bouy area which is quite a bit shallower. I have seen your details and recall that you often fish 3 ounce inlines which is what I planned on doing when we come, if you think that is still a good method. I have heard some people fish wire out to 300-350 feet and I wonder why? I see on your recent post yup talk about Tadpoles. Are they a weighted system? I have jets, trip divers and dispels so could take about any approach needed. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mike send me your email address at [email protected].
Ill try and help you as much as I can. Fish Strong. BD

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. You guys were a great crew on Friday we definitely had a great bite going. Jerry your help was much appreciated especially with the chaos that was going on. Thanks again for a great time. Fish Strong. BD

·
Registered
230 Posts
Gary: how long are the leaders you are running behind the Tadploes?

dale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts