Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saturday, 16th, from 0600-1330 out of Geneva. We headed straight out from the Marina, seen a couple boats netting fish out at about the 50 FOW area then stopped to troll. We had the skunk with us for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. We worked around the 50-55' zone and didn't mark much at all. Most of the boats stayed in there. It wasn't till we moved out to 60-65 FOW that we started marking Walleyes. Ended up with 12 Walleyes in the box and lost a couple nice ones right behind the boat (ain't that the way it goes...). We also went 3 for 3 on Steelies, all of which were in the 7 lb class. In line planers did just OK for us, taking 1 of the Steelies and 4 Walleyes. The rest were caught on dipsies down around 45-50' over 62-65 FOW. Worm harnesses didn't do $#!^ for us. The ones on the dash caught as many as those in the water. Large and small Stinger spoons in various colors (no real pattern) had the best luck. Fishing sounded pretty poor listening to the radio. It wasn't till the breeze rippled up the water around 1000-1030 that our luck improved. Good luck out there tomorrow. With a little more wind in the forecast I would guess your luck will be better too.

Workdog

·
One On The Turn
435 Posts
I to was at Geneva today. Got the big skunk. Fished from 50FOW to 61 FOW nothing. Trolled north and south and east and west nothing. Was east of marina then west of the marina. Very few marks for us. Only ended up with 1 steelie NE of the marina in 58 FOW # 1 dipsy 1 setting 50 back on small stinger I believe it was superman. 3 white bass put back for someone else. Then went to go fish the rocks for smallie's, could see fish but got the skunk again. Even so great day to be on the lake.

·
Registered
328 Posts
we also fished NE of the harbor yesterday ..the packs looked full with not many nets going in the water ....we fished hard all day,from 630-630 with 9 eyes to show for our efforts....no real program ,went through the spoon box...maybe twice...scorpion superman caught the most(4 of the 9) alot of boats with no fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts