Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Geneva this morning around 0730 (got a late start). Lake was absolutely beautiful this morning. Started to mark fish around 48 FOW with a lot of bait marks, and fish setting right on the bottom in the mud. There were a lot of fish. Had 2 dipsies port & starboard @ 0 settings running from 65-80 w/small spoons, rigger set down to 47 with gulp worm harness, planers w/jets two 30's ands 1 20 jet. They were set back from 130-150. Speed was from 1.7-2-3 MPH. We only caught 5 decent sized eyes, and had one come unbuttoned behind the boat. We used all colors, all small spoons, but orange caught the most. We kept circling the area from 48-51 FOW but had no takers. We ended up leaving a little early, but it was going slow pickings so I didn't mind heading back in.

Side note; there was a brown truck from PA with an OGF sticker on it. Didn't see who it was? How did you do?

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe, we headed west towards Perry. We picked up three of them within a half an hour. I thought "okay we found them". Did a circle and could not get them again.

Even though we didn't do all that great, we did better than a lot. And it was still a great day for our first trip of the year!

·
After Eyes
471 Posts
nice job toxic didnt make it out today was helpin pops get some stuff done at the house will shoot for this saturday hopefully they will start firein up by then maby george can spook them up;););) if he is done playin around in cleveland

·
1850 Reata
346 Posts
Good job Toxic,,,,,glad to see the fish moveing our way ;)

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Normally I would say 5 fish would be a bad day. But under the circumstances, we did better than probably 95% of the people. Radio traffic and reports at the dock was minimal or non-existent. But today's catch means there on there way to us.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
way to go jess, sounds like The fish are there and are just waiting for the Thompson to pull into port :D

She will be loaded on the trailer and pointed east on tuesday and will be getting wet by some Geneva water on fri/sat/sun--IM PUMPED!!!

We'll get on them bud. I got a few solid Geneva reports today but untill i can verify it for myself i cant say much.

The fish are there, but seem to be shallow

·
Its going under
808 Posts
Good job Toxic, I was out on Saturday and have to say it was non-existant for me. Marked tons of fished and tried all kinds of tricks but no tackers. Was east of Geneva. They will fire up soon the marks are there.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
good report toxic,and great job on the fish...sounds like everyone struggling out there so far so 5 fish is pretty good.We did not get out like planned...some times things come up and you have to do what you have to do...:( Next weekend for sure...weather permiting of course...

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still wondering who had the OGF sticker from PA?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
4redeyes posted on a Geneva thread he was gonna be out at Geneva for 8 days and would post when he returned on the 21st.He is from nw PA.....Maybe that was him..

·
Registered
445 Posts
glad to hear from ya. moving the boat from port clinton to lorain for a two week stint then we'll meet ya in geneva. the fish just are not turned on port clinton. maybe we keep getting the wrong days. had some reelly good days then slow picking yawners.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
glad to hear from ya. moving the boat from port clinton to lorain for a two week stint then we'll meet ya in geneva. the fish just are not turned on port clinton. maybe we keep getting the wrong days. had some reelly good days then slow picking yawners.
Geneva should be on fire then. See ya soon.

4redeyes posted on a Geneva thread he was gonna be out at Geneva for 8 days and would post when he returned on the 21st.He is from nw PA.....Maybe that was him..
It may have been. It was a brown SUV. I saw them park but I did not notice the sticker to after I parked my trailer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Pa. boat is my brother Randy Smith (4redeyes). He has a black 1900 Pro V. He has not boated any walleyes out of Geneva, but made the trip to wildwood yesterday and boated 2 right away and then soon got blowed off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts