Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me, my son Mark and bro-in-law Jeff put in at 0630 and headed NE to the 59-01 lines. We picked up one 17 incher there and decided to head north where the fish have a different accent. We ended up stopping way short of the border at the 07 line and worked NE. we were between Bula and Conny by 2:00 pm with 9 in the box. Pulled em in and headed south to the 05 line and worked east where we had a flurry of fish at 2:30 and 3:30, ending the day with our three tickets. Blonde Chick was HOTTT, as was Deep Purple and Chicken Wing... all large spoons. We kept harnesses on WAY too long, as they didn't pull a single fish. Dipsies were #4/225', #3/205', and #2/195'. We got into a nice class of fish with three in the 10 lb range, and seven between 8-9.5 lbs. Nice day on the water. Good talking to you out there topstroke. Would have talked to George but he had his antenna down riding under the radar I guess... we were out of his range. Great day on the water. :T:T:T

Attachments

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
way to go jeff, you had a hot stick out there it sounds.

we worked up to the 03N and south to the 02N....did our limited damage there. Sounds like we were west of you.

our #4 did the best for us today as well, 200 and 215 back.

our harnesses pulled 7 fish for us today. Pink squirrel, crazy ivan and hawgfest killer.

Pulled a few on spoons, monkey puke and also 2 on wire 325 back with a chicken little kaboom shiner.

whats this blonde chick??? is that what they name those stingers after they lose their paint or what??? :confused: :confused: :confused: if thats the case, ill have to run those next time as most of my box is full of them.

Seriosuly though, way to stick with it.

Your buddy rick H and the "boys" did well way south today at the 58-59N line, im sure you know who im talkin bout ;)

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George, All we did in closer was small ones. The 17 incher was dwarfed by the others. By the way, Blonde Chick is a Chicken Wing with a chartreuse nose. It was the bomb!

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
George, All we did in closer was small ones. The 17 incher was dwarfed by the others. By the way, Blonde Chick is a Chicken Wing with a chartreuse nose. It was the bomb!
haha yep, i got ya. We had one hawg of a fish on, definitly the biggest one of the year that decided to long line release 20ft behind us, but the rest were just eaters.

i actually had a blonde chick out today.....thats how desperate i was, i remember you running that last year so i had to try it.

sounds like we oughta go deeper eh? :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Good job on the fish today guys...workdog you put a few miles on out there,that had to be a good 20-25 miles from Geneva...couldn't go today,family obligations,:mad:

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
Great job on the fish Jeff!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
NICE CATCH. About how far out is the border and at what line?

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. When we ended up we were 18 miles from the dock, but we were a lot further away during the day. The border is about 25 miles out from Geneva fisnfool.

·
Registered
445 Posts
see that "gold" color was hot!

now if you had used a couple of the contenders you may have been off that lake by noon!

id put that in my pipe and smoke it. :)

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see that "gold" color was hot!

now if you had used a couple of the contenders you may have been off that lake by noon!

id put that in my pipe and smoke it. :)
I'm lookin for me matches as we speak! :D

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WORKDOG GUESS I SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED YA TO THE PROMISED LAND well give a shot again this week
I coulda brought you two also. I had two drop out at the last minute. Did Jeff S. ever make it out?

·
Lund 2075 Tyee
558 Posts
Nice catch!! I'll be after them sat/sun. My boat is in conneaut marina now, so I'll try them between bula and conny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts