close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gelcoat questions??? help needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Has anyone ever applied the stuff. Any starting point, advice and help would be appreciated. I need to make a few repairs to a fiberglass boat.

2. Get some stuff called marine text. I got mine at andersons. It took sanding paper that they use to sand stainless steel to smooth it out. Did an experiment, filled pop can full. Let it harden. Broke 2 sawzall blades, put 3 tap and dies in it, then smacked it with a sledge, still wouldnt give. This stuff is awesome.

My repair, hole in the center hull of my tri hull. Buddy went to far on the trailer, when he came back down the center hull hit the trailer and took about 1 inch off. We had a hole that was 3/4:\" wide and 6" long. Used some aluminum screen as mesh and put that stuff on. Smoothed it with a puddy knife. That was 10 years ago, and the boat is still floating :D

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

You Need To Make The Repairs!!!!!!!!!!! Oh God!!!!!!!!!!! Cant Wait To Hear How This Pans Out...

Flash-------------------------out

4. I'll bet when i'm done my kitchen won't catch on fire, my transom won't fall off, my motor will still be on the transom-not in the lake-what else????? :) :)

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Exexec, that is yesterdays newspaper.

flash-------------------------------out

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

don't forget the flying shanty and the truck accident!