close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gear prep for Spring?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Are you ready for Spring yet? I got a late start this year, but I’m just about done. My lures have been ready since Winter, and I only need to pick up a few more items. I got off work a little early today, and the sunshine encouraged me to make a mad dash to finish with my gear prep. I cleaned/oiled six baitcastes, two spinning reels, and cleaned 10 bass rods. I have line on all of my reels except for five bass rigs and two surf reels (I still need to get some Power Pro). So, are the other OGF’ers ready to go, or do you still have work to do?

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i still need to change my lines on my reels.. couple of them have been on the spool for over 2 yrs now.. :eek: :D

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I still need line, clean a few reels, and finish some organizing

4. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Rods and reels were cleaned a month ago, got new line on
    Monday and the boat will be ready by tomorrow.
    I just found out I got a dead battery. :mad:
    oh just another reason to get that Optima. ;)

5. Why did you stop fishing?? Its only winter!! Ive fished through the winter. Some of the nicest fish are caught in the winter months. Glenn

6. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I stopped fishing because I HATE THE COLD. :eek:
    I have only been on a frozen lake once in my life and
    thats the day I broke my jaw and got 22 stitches.21 years ago.
    So I promised myself I'd never walk on ice again and
    I never will.
    I can appreciate anyone how does ice fish or river fish in
    the winter months, and the fishing reports they give are
    enough to keep me from going completely nuts but I aint
    getting out there. ;)

7. Fishing gear, HA. With the new baby at home I have not even touched my fishing stuff since last summer. I hope to get things together in the next few weeks though.

8. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Rods, reels and tackle....done. I still need to install my fish finder, remount my trolling motor, put a pedistal under my bow seat and put on some rod holders. Hopefully by next week it will all be done.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Same as Glen, i fish through the winter months too....."Some of the nicest fish are caught in the winter months. "...hey dont say that too loud...i like the fish all to myself.... all of my 8 fish ohio award smallies came from cold water....shhhhh.....lol

Scott