close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gatlingburg fishing.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Skizzy Rotum, May 23, 2007.

1. Hey all, I plan on heading down to TN in August or September with my wife. It's sort of a late honeymoon I guess. My question is does anyone know of any chalet's that sit on any lakes down there? Or how about some cabins that are on or near some decent stream fishing? If anyone can give me some help that would be great.

Jake

2. I went to the Berry Springs Lodge which is a b&b and it was an excellent establishment. The b&b experience is not for me, but Berry Springs was not bad. They had two fishing lakes; one catfish and one bass. They will even clean and fry your catch, with some notice. I would suggest this place if you like the b&b thing, or even if you can tolerate it.

3. most of the chalets are up on the mountains,all of gatlinburg stocks trout in its steams,there is a daily permit fee,some streams are single hook,no live bait,and some are children only,most places will have a book on the srteams make sure you have one,cuz they dont cut any slack,esp for yankees:(

4. If you don't mind being about 20 mile from Gatlinburg try http://www.lakefrontcabins.com/ They have alot of cabins right on Douglas lake. I have stayed there in the spring and the lake is a very good lake for Bass and Crappie. If you have a boat this is the way to go. Douglas is a very large TVA lake and has been said to have more Bass per acre than any of the other TVA lakes. We have had very good sucess fishing there. Good Luck