Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family and I are heading to gatlinburg next week on vacation and I am gonna try to do some fishing. I know this is the sw ohio fishing report but I'm sure some of you guys have done some fishing there. Hopefully I can get my daughter into a few trout. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Alaskan Assassin
384 Posts
Lots of small trout at the trailhead for chimney tops and a half mile hike up the trail to where it crosses the stream again. Make sure you check the regs they have some specific restrictions in the park. Also you can stop at most streams you see and catch a few small ones. I like fishing prince nymphs and hares ear nymphs with spinning tackle.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any of the pull offs along the creek between pigeon forge and gatlinburg hold fish. My wife and I got these little two inch trout worms(red and white ran a #6 hook thru the head with a little 1/16 split shot approx. foot above) and just let the current work them down the creek caught a ton of small mouth with enuff trout thrown in to make a nice evening. You can pick up the trout worms at most of the little stores along the road and license at the town hall main st. gatlinburg. Alot of fun. PS> no wading w/o waders, that water is bone chilling!! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There's a hotel named the "Edgewater" or some such. Right in Gatlinburg. Go early on a Friday morning. Fish off the bridge that leads to their parking lot. A small piece of Powerbait or a jig like a Popeye will catch trout all day long...

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
where you buy your license ask where the kids fishing streams are. There are 2 streams that are stocked for kids fishing that is full of trout that would be good for the kids. I think the age is 12 and under.

·
river rat
2,276 Posts
pigeon river.. also stop at bass pro shops in kodak tn they can tell you where to fish for trout one day is $7.50 also gotta have your sticker for trout, if you do fish the chimneys becareful of bears saw on coming back from clingmans dome
was a cub eatting took a fast pic and left

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,416 Posts
x's 2 on the Trout power bait, went down to a lake by Natural Bridge Ky earlier this week, which is 60ft deep and is nornmally crystal clear, the locals recommended using Trout powerbait on dead lines, Ive also had good luck with corn under a bobber and colored marshmellows work good too. Actually catching some brownies down in Ky a few years back got me back into fishing, love trout fishing, You should stop by the Cumberland river below lake Cumberland just above Tenn. thats where you will catch the biggest Trout in this part of the country! good luck oh yeah if all else fails there is a Trout farm on your way to Maggie valley, they supply a cane pole and bait, you pay per pound, Yumm Andddddd if you are all interested in vintage cars and motorcycles, you must visit the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie valley, its like no other museum, my Grandson sat on one of Evil Kienevils bikes, and the owner will start and rive the vehicles around the lot, great place for adults and kids! sory I am rambeling

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,416 Posts
KennyJames, if you are going down to Natural Bridge, they stock the Red River in the Red River gorge area with trout, and also stock the Mill Creek lake just past the Natural bridge park with Rainbows 650#'s this Spring, that lake is the one I fished, its 61acres and beautifull, known for large mouth, gills and cats, its electric motor only, but there is a guy who rents canoes and kayacks for $20-25 for 2 hours, if you fish it, head back to the shallow end, there is structure galore back there and still 20-30ft deep, have fun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts