gates mills dam chagrin??

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Kastmaster93, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Kastmaster93

Kastmaster93 Cleveland based fisherman

was hoping someone had some information on this, hopefully its not iced yet but i would REALLY like to know how its looking, or maybe an alternative near there (NO HONEY HOLES!). thanks in advance everyone..

2. The chagrin is running with little or no ice...

3. Kastmaster93

thanks, is it fishable do you know?

4. I would think so....I drove past it on Mayfield today and it didn't look like it was running too fast. I'll tak e a closer look tomorrow and let you know.

5. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

I know there is a ton of private property throughout the whole Gates Mills area so I'd be careful fishing around there. But I'm not too sure if that damn is private or not

6. The dam is not included on the ODNR map that I printed off! I don't think you can fish there without written permission.

7. This may be a ways away...but there was a lot of ice in the slower moving water in Eastlake tonight.

there was not as much around daniels pa. however, there was a lot of broken, floating ice above daniels park in the slower water.

8. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

i fished it today it is not private property at the dam. There was only ice on some of the shoreline but no burgs or slush today. I bet it is coming though as it was getting colder. color was a bit off from all the melt down but flow was pretty perfect. I got skunked.

9. Thanks for the information ryo........note taken!

10. Kastmaster93