Ohio Game Fishing banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
The end is near
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Now you’re just being mean
I honestly lose track of what day it is. Sunday is Sunday because that's God's day. The rest of them just seem to run together. I sometimes find myself checking my phone display to make sure. I'm sure the chemo and radiation didn't help that any.
I joke about it but it is something that concerns me.

·
Just practicing my cast
5,993 Posts
I honestly lose track of what day it is. Sunday is Sunday because that's God's day. The rest of them just seem to run together. I sometimes find myself checking my phone display to make sure. I'm sure the chemo and radiation didn't help that any.
That was Promise keeper I was quoting lazy lol now as far as you being mean you are not at lest I think so🤪 and still praying for you brother

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have same problem especially if grandkids school schedule changes. My wife and I take turns taking them to and from school and if they get an extra day off im all messed up

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Ever since I retired and don't have to write the date on anything, I have to double check too. But 1basshunter is still working so if we get confused we can just text him! :unsure:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I considered an F-150 for about a minute, but I was afraid it would keep me awake at night listening to it rust! :LOL:
I haven't seen any rust on the F-150 aluminum bodies though.

I was at the lake the other day (Tuesday) from what I saw I can pretty much say inflation and high fuel prices haven't slowed anyone down from going out and enjoying themselves That lake was as busy as any time I'd ever seen on a weekend.

·
The end is near
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Have you see where our govt is looking into putting us all on some form of cryptocurrency? Fedcoin? It will be the perfect way for them to know exactly how much money we all have and what we're spending it on.
I don't remember voting for that. Might haveta dig up those Mason jars in your backyards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are a few issues concerning EVs that have me concerned. If you live in Oklahoma they would be more practical than say the Rockies. The limited range causes issues with travel time. I know my normal gas stop while traveling cross country is around 10 minutes. Read an article about a guy who used his Tesla to travel from Chicage to LA and his average stop to recharge was 45 minutes however he stopped one place and had to wait his turn and he had to wait 20 minutes before he got to charge his car. Seen another article that mentioned a truck stop that handles 200 cars an hour( at 10 minutes an hour) can you image how big that station will have to be in order to handle as many EVs (at 45 minutes per) as ithey currently do. Seen a video of another guy (he talks about the good and bad of EVs) who flew from an airport. When he left he was unable to get an EV recharge parking spot and his battery was at 60%. He came back a week later and the battery was dead, seems they drain even when not in use. I am all for alternate power sources but only when the technology is ready and we are not ready .
Put a trailer behind any ev and watch your battery drain 48 % faster

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just came back from town, Wintersville, Oh., and the Smith Oil price this morning was $4.53 Reg....
Moderators should give us a DISLIKE button, or negative likes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely! Beef exports have again reached an all time high. Take back control of our food supply by buying direct from us farmers and support local butcher shops at the same time. Even if you only buy a little at a time. Most butcher shops buy animals locally so it takes control away from the big conglomerates.

Don't worry, some of us will always pull the plow. View attachment 488243
My family has farmed in this country since 1668. Through every trying time from the revolution to today and I'll be darned if it's going to end with me. I feel God has put me here to feed his sheep and that's what I intend to do. Luckily, we're not in it for the money. Just doing what we do. Plant your gardens and cultivate relationships with your local farmers, we'll get through this.
One day we'll run out of lithium for these batteries be it for cars or solar storage. We already have a balsa shortage for wind turbines.
We import our heavy metals from Africa, in mines owned by the Chinese.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We did not vote on fed coin or whatever the banks and government want call it. Face it, we live under a dictatorship. Seems no matter who we put in office we get screwed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That extra $200 they charge for plates for a EV is not enough to make up for the gas tax loss. If you burn 25 gallons a week and gas tax is about .50 a gallon, 52 weeks in a year that's $650 in gas taxes. If everybody get electric cars our roads are gonna take a hit.
I looked at 2-4 year old EV's and most had alot less miles than a comparable gas cars. Mine only had 5000 annual miles on it. So in reality they paid more for road tax and kicked in more electric grid taxes. Between the limited batteries, lack of quick charging stations, and people's use demands your statement is really not true. Could be one day, but I see them going to a mileage based tax in the future.

Kip

·
Registered
416 Posts
I looked at 2-4 year old EV's and most had alot less miles than a comparable gas cars. Mine only had 5000 annual miles on it. So in reality they paid more for road tax and kicked in more electric grid taxes. Between the limited batteries, lack of quick charging stations, and people's use demands your statement is really not true. Could be one day, but I see them going to a mileage based tax in the future.

Kip
OK

81 - 100 of 114 Posts