Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
There are a few issues concerning EVs that have me concerned. If you live in Oklahoma they would be more practical than say the Rockies. The limited range causes issues with travel time. I know my normal gas stop while traveling cross country is around 10 minutes. Read an article about a guy who used his Tesla to travel from Chicage to LA and his average stop to recharge was 45 minutes however he stopped one place and had to wait his turn and he had to wait 20 minutes before he got to charge his car. Seen another article that mentioned a truck stop that handles 200 cars an hour( at 10 minutes an hour) can you image how big that station will have to be in order to handle as many EVs (at 45 minutes per) as ithey currently do. Seen a video of another guy (he talks about the good and bad of EVs) who flew from an airport. When he left he was unable to get an EV recharge parking spot and his battery was at 60%. He came back a week later and the battery was dead, seems they drain even when not in use. I am all for alternate power sources but only when the technology is ready and we are not ready .
I have an EV and wouldn't even think of traveling with it. EV's and infrastructure isn't there yet. I strictly use it to rack up daily miles for work/errands.

Kip

·
Just practicing my cast
5,992 Posts
Just to keep things in perspective, that hybrid I talked about sits next to my Silverado 4X4 :p
Sorry to hear that you’re Silverado is Broke down should’ve got a ford that way you still be driving a real truck :LOL:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just caught this. It was for a underprivileged community.

The EPA’s 2021 American Rescue Plan (ARP) Electric School Bus Rebates program allocated $7 million in funds from the American Rescue Plan Act to schools to replace up to four diesel buses with electric school buses totaling $1.2 million or $300,000 each.
I have worked for several different schools over the last 26 years from 12 bus's to 140 bus's in there fleets.
I have yet to see an electric school bus most have been diesel powered.
I have seen 6 gas powdered and 1 LPG bus in newer fleets.
The last I had heard the gas / diesel buses were running ( per bus ) $125,000 - $150,000 for the 72-77 passenger models.
Tax payers will still be footing the electric bills for charging those electric buses!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
You git what you git and you don't throw a fit...
Reminds me if tfe admonishment to the prisoners in Bridge Over The River Kwai, "Be happy in your work!" Only thing is, we are our own prisoners, and our 'work' not only pays higher prices but higher taxes as well as your nestegg 401k falling out the bottom. I'm happier than $$$htttt!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me start by saying no politics in this post. Just the cold, hard facts. Gas was $2.39 a gallon not all that long ago and now it's $4.39 a gallon and climbing. I feel sorry for you all with diesel trucks.
The other day a Tesla passed me and the license plate read, 0CRBN. Well that's no entirely true. Zero carbon indeed. What charged those batteries?
I think the cart's getting ahead of the horse.
On the day our current President Biden took office , gas was a $1.88 a gallon..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an EV and wouldn't even think of traveling with it. EV's and infrastructure isn't there yet. I strictly use it...
On another recent thread here, I outline how the infrastructure isn't even started yet to support the regime projection for EV's. Yet, virtually all car makers project a hooooge decrease in gas motors...in or about a whopping 8 years from now...
Cost of an EV vs Gas? Here is one study-but our gas prices today makes the gap closer.
Again, the gas prices are easiest cancer to cure by...cutting off the blood supply. With the recent last few days drilling permit denials, this is engineered to whack gas vehicles, and promote EVs (everyone that has an extra $38K + extra in the piggy bank for a EV)
extra $200 they charge for plates for a EV is not enough to...
I believe there's legislation on Ohio now, to reduce or repeal the EV tax? It's a gentle nudge to get the piggy bank ppl to ...buy EVs

OK folks, 1)cut blood line of gas so 2) gas prices go skyrocketing and 3) buy EVs, even though no-zero plan in in place to charge them all...hmmm

YOU ARE being socially engineered and led down a path that cannot succeed within the time frame as projected in the regime's committee meetings, board rooms.

Another member a few posts ago suggested buying canned food extra every grocery purchase, at least you can lock in your dollar currency to a hard asset. It's not a political thread, BUT...22Lrs and canned beans may be a viable trade/barter currency in the not so distant future.

Just keep believing, keep voting one certain way and NO one here will be pleasure fishing, but subsistence fishing. Lesser of two evils in voting WILL become, lesser of which bank to fish at the reservoir.

There's always bicycling, staying home. Earlier post was...a planned restriction of your freedoms to pursue an agenda just continue not believing it I guess, it's just IMHO. U enjoy today's baby formula hunt

Crappies are on it, now ! !

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yea and who's buying all the houses at the Sheriffs sale?
Several of the last "flippers," in my neighborhood, have been purchased by a multi-state "real estate company" that converts them to rentals.

Have an acquaintance who is now doing rehab & maintenance for 1 such company. The units are freshened & rooming capacity maxed out. One near me was converted from 3 to 6 bedrooms, without increasing the square footage!

(Cue the Twilight Zone music....)

·
The end is near
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
That extra $200 they charge for plates for a EV is not enough to make up for the gas tax loss. If you burn 25 gallons a week and gas tax is about .50 a gallon, 52 weeks in a year that's $650 in gas taxes. If everybody get electric cars our roads are gonna take a hit.
I saw where some state, maybe Oregon, was considering to charge you by the miles traveled. That prolly wouldn't equal the playing field if people didn't use their EV's for long trips.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts