Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard yesterday that gas prices will be over $3.00 for summer and as high as $4.00 a gallon if a hurricane hits. That does not bode well for me seeing that I am docked and gas is even higher on the water. This is just plain ridiculous to me. Something needs to be done. I am tired of getting ripped off!

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
all it amounts to is greed!
i can't believe that the government is allowing this kind of price gouging.

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
On election night in 2000 I went and filled my tank and made a point to write down the price since we was going to have a change in washington. It was $1.18 a gallon. Draw your own conclusion.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
Channel 27 news here in Youngstown said today in Orlando, Fl. is was at 4.00 a gal. for regular unleaded. THAT'S BS!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,946 Posts
Channel 27 news here in Youngstown said today in Orlando, Fl. is was at 4.00 a gal. for regular unleaded. THAT'S BS!
a dude at work just got back from arizona and he said it was 4 bucks too.

maybe the walleye won't go 12 miles out of ashtabula this year and give us a break:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
The oil companies have explained why the price of gas is so high. It all has to do with supply and demand. The oil companies supply the gas and the oil companies demand we pay their high prices. :D

Dallas

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,543 Posts
Not a solution in any way but heres what I faced up to and made the decision.

I just traded my truck in which was costing me between 900-1000.00 bucks a month to own and drive. I bought a new Ford Fusion and the payment and gas almost equal what the gas consumption a month was for the truck. Cant tow with it but I can still pull the boat with my wifes mid sized SUV once I get the hitch on it.

17 gal x 3.00= 51.00 per fill up x 4 fill ups a month = 204.00 Car
30 gal x 3.00 = 90.00 per fill up x 4.5 fill ups a month = 405.00 Truck

Payment on car is 120.00 a month less then truck, add the fuel savings and your looking around 325.00 a month in savings if gas is 3.00 a gallon. If the price of fuel is higher the result is more savings.

Gonna miss the truck , but I can still get from A to B for alot less money.

Sowbellyu

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
I did the same thing Sowbelly back a 1 1/2 ago i traded my truck in on a 2006 chevy colbalt and saved myself over $200 a month in gas. Sucks with out my own truck but was costing to much to drive the truck over 80 miles a day

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
they're not gonna hurt me no matter how hard they try:D
just ain't gonna happen.i refuse to let it.
most of the driving i do is the 40 mile round trip to hoover.that's less than 2 gallons with my little 4 banger.my 9.9 mariner can can squeeze at least 3-5 trips out of the 6 gallon tank.so for about 25-30 bucks a week,i can fish just about any time i want:D
and i can always pick my own crawlers and swap the minnies for jigs,which will more than make up for the boost in gas prices;)
luckily the wife drives less than 8 miles a week to work and back.that 1 gallon in 4 days,LOL.if things get tight,she can always walk the 3/4 mile to work so i can have gas money for fishing:D

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
about the only good news is...diesel is still around 2.75. makes up for the couple of years it was higher then gas!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Well as much as you guys think the oil companies are screwing us, their not. Exxon posted their largest profits ever last quarter of last year yet their profits were only 2%. I don't think a company posting a 2% profit margin is screwing anyone. The problem is the taxes put on the gas by the state and federal government. They are really the ones getting rich on the gas prices.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sorry - but I have to disagree. Gas companies are making 30 some MILLION dollars in profits EVERY QUARTER!

That's bullcrap - I don't care who you are. If you think for a minute that's only a 2% profit, I've got an oceanfront condo to sell you here in Massillon.

I drive 97 miles round trip 4 days a week in my F-150 Supercrew. I love my truck and am not about to trade it for ANYTHING.........but I'm tired of getting raped - and that's the truth of the matter.

The gov't needs to step in and do something.

I'm going to post a thread about microsoft when I'm done here..........

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Why would the government do anything, I told you they are the ones getting rich. Sorry you don't believe me but do a little research and find out for yourself.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sorry dude......I didn't read that last part about the gov't getting rich. I totally agree with that.........guess that's what I get for getting pissed and impatient and not reading the entire thread! I'm a dork!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts