close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gas prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phil Carver, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Better get the tanks filled up quick ! :( I noticed today that gas was already $1.89 and its only Tuesday . :( It may just hit $1.99 by the weekend ! :(

2. catking

catking Banned

I hear that Phil !! I guess I have to start factoring the price of gas in on my trips around the state. Dang it, going to cost a fortune. CATKING

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Why does one station 2 blocks from another one. the same company mind you, raise theirs and the other one doesn't. Bethal & Sawmill, $1.72 gallon, Reed & Henderson $1.89. go figure!

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

This is pretty funny 4 years later....

5. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

We'll never see those prices again.:(

6. ahhh, the good ol' days:rolleyes:

7. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Absolutely amazing how badly things have gotten in the last 8 years!!

8. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Just goes to show, noone appreciated the "cheap" fuel then either. :)

9. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

it's just another kick in the raisins every time they raise the price!!:mad:
    with the prices of EVERYTHING going up the way they are it's getting harder and harder to make ends meet!

10. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

11. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Don't know where you are, but price is down 10 cents a gallon here, to $3.65. How come noone is saying "Thanks"?

12. Gee i wonder what happend??? ;) :( :mad:

13. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Thanks. I filled the truck and got two packs of Winstons, and it was only $132

14. catking

catking Banned

I believe we are about to see the stick that breaks the camels back. Gas is approaching $4.00 a gallon and will probably go higher. This is affecting the bloodline of America---the working middle class, who carries most of this nations burdens(taxes, s.s. taxes, schools.. the argument that Europe has been paying high fuel prices doesn't hold water with the USA. Europe is made up of alot of smaller nations whose centers are a few large cities, and bikes, scooters, transit systems, have been in effect for years. America is a vast nation and you cannot run it like England, France, the Swiss, or any of the others. It won't work.What we have now is a product of narrow minded people who should have been thinking 3 decades ago how to start the USA on it's way of independence of foreign fuels. Instead , our car makers come out with Hummers, Suvs, and other fuel guzzlers.....;) ....:confused: .. yea, we are one smart people....THE CATKING !!!

15. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

How about Canada?

Their average price curretly is around 130 Canadia cents per liter.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/GB_Price_List.aspx

There are 3.785 liters to US gallons.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm

So, 130 x 3.785 = 492.05 Canadian cents per gallon.

492.05 Canadian cents = $4.89553 per gallon.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

I certainly do not know how much mass transit available in remte Canadia, but I would assume not much. I would also guess with the colder climatethey don't ride motor cycles half the year either. Speaking of which....have you ever been to London, or anywhere in England? The weather is awful for motorcycle rides. Sure there is the equivilant to our Cota bus, bt we allready have those.

Once again, I'm Thankful to be living in the USA.

16. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

People are just going to have to give up gas hogs, it's simple. Things change...then you adjust.

17. moondog5814

moondog5814 captainhook

I got it at GetGo for $2.09 yesterday and still spent $56.00. I think that it is time to start a revolution.

18. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Nah, I don't even see the reason to give up "gas hogs". If you can afford it, do it.

I bet alot of people would find it funny here, that I drive about 40,000 miles a year, to make a slightly better then average wage. I feel the pain like any other "Joe", but things could be much, much worse.

19. Great job ...ParmaBass... for digging this thread up a short 4 years ago...WOW....Catking...I think you put it the way it is and should be you did a great Post yourself...
    :( ....GOOD FISHING GUYS....:(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015