Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been dealing with this issue for a while. just trying to figure it out before i take it to a repair shop. if you a squeeze the primer bulb it will force gas out the front of the carbs. i think it is a carb rebuild issue but wanted to get some opinions. repair shops make me nervous.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
sounds like your float is sticking allowing gass to keep pouring into the carb. which it then overflows out of the front of th carb.

·
The one others want to be
2,244 Posts
Float is heavy and allowing fuel in or needle and seat are dirty/worn and need to be replaced. Carb kit is needed and a thorough cleaning is in order.

UFM82

·
Administrator
9,555 Posts
Surprised you motor will run in a flooded condition.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it wont run it is an eco friendly boat right now just electric. i am going to get a manual and try my luck on rebuilding the carbs. at worst it still wont run. thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
its easy to redo carbs...just take your time you'll do fine

·
Retired UPS
489 Posts
Before you do a rebuild, have you tried running seafoam through it. It does wonders on any gas motor, did it on a generater I just bought resently that would barely run.Treated the fuel ran it a little, let it set till the next day runs like a champ now. Have been using it for years and am trying a new proudect from Star Tron at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts