Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Garmin is mounted correctly based on the instillation instructions. It doesn't seem to mark fish until I have slowed down to 4 miles per hour or stop. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I rode on this boat a couple days ago. Great marks when stopped, nothing running... it's on a fiberglass boat and the transducer is mounted on the transom.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
It’s a glass boat. I am inclined to agree with dg... I think it’s probably the placement.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I had problems with my 73 SV until I mounted the transducer lower in the water on Brahma bulls input. Made all the difference, don’t like having it that low but it works well now.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have 3 93/94 sv's , all mark fish to about 8-10mph , and I never lose bottom reading/depth , even at 45+ mph , would lo e to see walleye at say 25+........

Reactions: Zanderis

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have 3 93/94 sv's , all mark fish to about 8-10mph , and I never lose bottom reading/depth , even at 45+ mph , would lo e to see walleye at say 25+........
This unit marks well at up to 23 mph. This photo is at 31 mph. I see three to four marks here with a really good one at mid screen. At higher speeds, you’re just looking for vertical lines on the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Guess I need to read it better , that's what my screen looks like

·
Registered
841 Posts
Guess I need to read it better , that's what my screen looks like
I posted that pic in case your expectations were too high. This is all you’re going to get above about 25. At 20, the vertical dashes look more like upwards pointing arrowheads. When you mentioned you never lose bottom at any speed, I suspected you had your transducer placed correctly. There is an ‘ultrafast’ scroll speed you could try on the Garmin. I don’t do it because then you have to remember to set it back. This video by Jon Thelen made me realize my expectations were too high. He’s using a humminbird in this video, but it’s applicable to any 2D unit. I think 15-20mph is the sweet spot for searching. Someone else mentioned the color line and that’s addressed in this video.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have a thru hull in my boat that I rewired to work with the 93SV. I does work better, but not so much that I feel the need to unhook the GT52 and connect it. It produces much less noise. When I had it on the lowrance it really worked well in the 15-20mph range. The 93SV is almost this good if I bother to switch the input.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Good info to have , I'll definitely be paying more attention to it and try some different settings!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts