Garmin Bluecharts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carpn, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Has anyone used it? We are taking a bowfishing trip this spring to LA and I was looking at getting the bluecharts chip for my Garmin 178 chartplotter. I've never viewed any of the detail on the bluecharts and was wondering if anyone who has could weigh in on how helpful it is. We are gonna be bowfishing the brackish marsh areas between Lafitte and Venice and it looks pretty overwhelming. Can't wait to be able to fill a cooler while bowfishing with good eating fish though.

2. donkey

donkey Permanent Part Time

I have the Lake Erie Blue Charts for The Great Lakes loaded on my Garmin units.I would rate them better than the Navionics that I have on my Lowrance units.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i too have it on my 172 and it shows everything and then some things i never knew were there. you could drive blind in a fog by using it.

4. I have the Lake Erie blue chip in my 178C and the detail is great. Has everything imaginable listed already including marinas, public ramps, gas stations, restaurants, etc....... the list goes on and on.

5. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'm gonna get it. I keep looking at arial photos of the marsh sytem there in southern louisiana and that marsh is expansive and intimidating but its crisscrossed by alot of canals. Can't wait to fill the cooler with reds, saltwater sheepshead, flounder, and black drum....Its pretty cool that they let you bowfish for all this stuff down there.