Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem or know of a fix. It is in the cradle that snaps into the head unit. With the wiring connected to battery everything is fine. Without having the head unit clicked in , as soon as I connect the cradle to the wiring from the battery it blows the fuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
check for a short , check your connections or a bent pin , something is wired wrong probably
There is a short for sure .No bent pins and connections are clean and dry. I know it is wired correctly. It has been working fine since I installed it a couple years ago. It seems to be a short internal in the cradle. I have an email in to Garmin.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If your sure it’s in the cradle you can pick up a replacement factory cradle from garmin for like $60. I have the one it came with on the boat and bought a replacement cradle so I can use it ice fishing and not have to swap it around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your sure it’s in the cradle you can pick up a replacement factory cradle from garmin for like $60. I have the one it came with on the boat and bought a replacement cradle so I can use it ice fishing and not have to swap it around. View attachment 475196
If your sure it’s in the cradle you can pick up a replacement factory cradle from garmin for like $60. I have the one it came with on the boat and bought a replacement cradle so I can use it ice fishing and not have to swap it around. View attachment 475196
Thanks, I did not see where to buy the part, plus it is about half of what I figured it would be. If that is the problem, and I think it is that is doable.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah order it from garmin if your sure it’s the issue. Not bad for the money I thought either. Mine shipped fast. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah order it from garmin if your sure it’s the issue. Not bad for the money I thought either. Mine shipped fast. Good luck!
Thanks again for your help.. I got a new cradle Tuesday from Garmin and it works as it should again. Very good service from them.

·
I don’t exaggerate…I just remember BIG!
1,733 Posts
Thanks again for your help.. I got a new cradle Tuesday from Garmin and it works as it should again. Very good service from them.
I have two Garmin units. There is ALWAYS a brand new cradle on the boat. I keep two backups. Garmins are great, but the cradles fail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have two Garmin units. There is ALWAYS a brand new cradle on the boat. I keep two backups. Garmins are great, but the cradles fail.
A spare is sure something to think about. I wish I had one when mine failed 500 miles from home on a lake with no maps and just last year I took a few hours mapping the structure on my waypoints.

·
I don’t exaggerate…I just remember BIG!
1,733 Posts
Hey Josh where did you purchase the extra cradle's for the Garmin??
I got both of mine directly from Garmin. I was leaving to NY for a trip and wanted spares for each unit. They did a warranty claim on one and I bought one. Excellent customer service. I had in two days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts