close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Garmin 160 fishfinder....

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by ParmaBass, May 5, 2008.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

0   0   0

Garmin 160 Fishfinder For Sale.....

Comes with mounting bracket, transducer and screen protector. Works fine, I just plugged it in and ran the simulator and was pretty surprised at what I saw on the screen, it has pretty good resolution. I was going to hook it up and use, but I don't think a 14' boats needs 2 fishfinders,lol.

There are some white specks on the frame, not sure what they are, but it's strictly cosmetic. Probably just a little fading from the sun. They are NOT on the screen. The screen itself doesn't have a scratch.

Here's a website with more information about the unit.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=102

$75 pick-up in Parma or actual shipping costs which will be probably no more than $8. Paypal accepted.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. lateral_line

lateral_line

0   0   0

"but I don't think a 14' boats needs 2 fishfinders,lol"

there's alot 14' boats don't need!:)

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

0   0   0

Darn! I guess I have to take one of my finders off then.:D Wait, just remembered my boat is not 14'. It is only 13' 11".:p

4. ParmaBass

0   0   0

I'm thinking you don't need enough thrust for someone to waterski behind?? lol

How bout it Rick, you could always use a 3rd fishfinder.

5. leeabu

leeabu

0   0   0

My boat is 13' 10". I have a side scan wideview on the rear and a side imaging with gps and Navionics hot maps on the front. What size boat do I have to buy to keep my electrinics?

6. ParmaBass

0   0   0

You need a few more inches Leeabu, but don't we all!:p

I had 2 on my last boat and never used the one in the rear and I can't afford to drill anymore holes in this boat.

Will also accept any reasonable offers!!! Anyone?

7. leeabu

leeabu

0   0   0

Story of my life! Two inches too short.

8. davef

davef

0   0   0

Does this unit have trolling speed display? I assume not as it wasn't mentioned in the garmin link. Thanks

9. ParmaBass

0   0   0

No it doesn't, I think you would need to buy a speed wheel. It has the speed option on the screen, so I assume there is a add-on available somewhere.

10. Snobal

Snobal

0   0   0

I have the same unit on my boat. There is a separate wheel that is needed to use the speed function. Unfortunately, availability may be an issue as the 160 is now discontinued. I found the wheel for mine on ebay.

11. ParmaBass

0   0   0

SOLD to the highest bidder!!!