close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

garage door opener replacement/ akron

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Anyone in near akron do this kind of work. I have an old Montgomery ward model that needs fixed, but I doubt that the parts are available. If not anyone install them? contact me exexecoh@aol.com

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Precision door on G Washington Blvd in Akron is the best. Just avoid Overhead door in Cuyahoga Falls at all costs. My buddy worked for Precision for years and his aunt still is in the office. I know a bunch of the guys up there.

My buddy says most if not all, Montgomery Ward models still have parts available. He can fix and install everything as this was his trade for years. He drives truck right now and is laid off at the moment. He could use a side job. I could get you into contact with him if you'd like. He fixed my opener this past summer. Overhead said I needed a new opener and that parts weren't available for my model, they wanted 700 bucks. I called my buddy, and he had it fixed with a new gear set the next day.

If you want a new one, you will pay 500-800 bucks installed most places. If you buy a new one at Sears, he'll put it in for a hundred. Either way, you will save alot of money.

3. Have him give me a call. I pmed you my phone #

4. I Called Wayne Doors Last Yr As My Opener Wouldnt Budge..the Guy Got Out Of His Truck And Looked At It..its An Old Commercial One..he Saw What It Was Then Told Me It Was Cheaper To Buy Another One Rather Than Fix It..since He Didnt Charge Me For The 2 Minutes He Was There I Said Ok..the Next Day I Greased The Tracks On It..its Been Working Ever Since..i Been There 26 Yrs And Only Replaced The Receiver And Transmitter One Time.at Least I Still Have Something That Still Goes Up And Down,,,

5. I tried to fix it today-replaced a switch but that didn't do the trick. Went to Lowe's and got one for 134.00 and it is almost completely installed, will finish her up in the am