Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere in northeast ohio where you can catch gar.....I want to try to catch one but don't know much about them or if they are even in northeast ohio.....any tips or locations would help...thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, what did u get him on?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was fly fishing using a minnow pattern, but I used to catch them all day long when I lived in Georgia. We would take a 5in piece of nylon rope, tie a knot in one end and unravel what was left and comb it out with our fingers. Tie your line to the knot and color the nylon strands with whatever color sharpie you want!.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,941 Posts
Ohio River has tons of them.

HeHeHEE,,, I had about a DOZEN on yesterday eve,,, some 5-10 seconds! I LANDED 3!

All I had was fatheads 24" below a bobber. What a Ball!
Ohio River report.

You need to show you city :confused:

·
Finny's Custom Rods
670 Posts
The Conneaut Creek has a ton of gar. You can see them when the water is half way clear. Also when they come to the surface to gulp air. Their not very easy to get a hook into, as their mouth is all bone. I've heard the guys tie a piece of heavy yarn onto their hook and then tip it with a big minnow. The yarn cets cought in their little sharp teeth and they stay hooked. Worth a try I guess.
:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What area of chagrin river did u find them at....I heard near daniels park has some but not tht familar with the river

1 - 13 of 13 Posts